+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Single Message For Frank

Your Single Message For Frank

I started a similar thread at the end of the season, I guess our messages frightened Rowett as he promptly left.

So, in a sentence, what's your single message to Frank before the season starts?

I promise to pass them on

Ullo Frank! Gotta new motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Ullo Frank! Gotta new motor?
    thats a great one for me to use at my first press conference, wonder if his response would be 'here's my calling card, WALLOP!'

Fluid 1-4-3-3? Pace? Movement off the ball? Pressing the opposition? Players interchanging positions? Playing on the front foot? Wide men coming in when we lose the ball to and going wide when we are in possession?

No need to thank me for using my coaching book.

If it all works out we will enjoy the football this season.

Now, when are you going to get them all confident enough to use their "wrong foot"?

Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Quit.
    Surely that is your advice for Karanka, isn't it? If you're not top 6 by the end of September, surely he will be out after chucking so much money at prospects who may, or may not, be able to cut it in the Championship.

I don't doubt they are good players in the competitions they have played in but apart from Dawson, do they have experince in anything like the pacy robustness of the SBC?

They don't and that is why their arrival is more of a gamble than Wilson comig to Derby. He has already proved himself at Hull last season. If we get him, it will still be a gamble as there is no guarantee he will also do it for us. It is just less of a gamble than the signing of untried Portuguese prospects.

I didn't know we only signed Portuguese players.
    Yes Grabban, Robinson, Pantilimon, Ben Watson, Lolley amongst others are all Portuguese players with no Championship experience.
    Dear oh dear.
    Huge gamble

I didn't know we only signed Portuguese players.
    Yes Grabban, Robinson, Pantilimon, Ben Watson, Lolley amongst others are all Portuguese players with no Championship experience.
    Dear oh dear.
    Huge gamble
    I think the point he is making is that a Portuguese player who has made 8 first team starts at however many million is potentially a greater risk than Wilson.

Every foreign player is a risk. 1 we signed already proved himself. Tobias.
    The other 3, maybe 1 or 2 may fail. Who knows?
    But we have signed other players as well with proven ability at this level.

Every foreign player is a risk. 1 we signed already proved himself. Tobias.
    The other 3, maybe 1 or 2 may fail. Who knows?
    But we have signed other players as well with proven ability at this level.
    Out of interest Rom, just how much has Karanka spent do far, including loan fees?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)