+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 World Cup PL - Final table after fixture of Sunday 15th July

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im walking away from this as the joint winner, thats my story and Im sticking to it.
    I didnt realise I/we had both got that many correct preds, it all bodes well for the new FL season preds league doesnt it. If there were enough people in that then I wish there could be the introduction of two divisions and promotion & relegation etc. lol
    Funny you should say that - I take part in a privately run fantasy football league (it's been going on for at least twenty years) and it has three divisions where the bottom/top three are relegated/promoted.

I managed to get relegated from Division One last season having won the same in 2015/16.

The current problem is that I can't get across to the day of the auction (mostly sweaty blokes sat in a pub drinking beer garden) again - there are twelve teams in each division and only one team in each division can have any given player - sealed bids never work well, so a second successive relegation looks on the cards.

You were the joint winner, it's just that I'm too cheap to buy more than one trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    .. You were the joint winner, it's just that I'm too cheap to buy more than one trophy!

Tahh for that Orgs, I knew Id winkle half of the shiny new trophy out of you in the end. Maybe me and the Jr. kid can share it during the year, 2 months at a time eh.
    I was just thinking of the posters in leagues like this who DNP when their season means nothing anymore, and I like the idea of promotion & relegation keeping the season alive. I wish it could be done but it does mean a lot of people taking part and more hassle for those running it Im guessing.

Cheers Orgoner for another splendid well run competition mate. I will once again be entering the PL for the new season but as usual my lack of knowledge of the lower leagues will no doubt bite me on the bum!! Enjoy your short break, you've earned it.

What are we all doing then Dave, are us Engerland Madders merging with this boards preds league now ?.
    As you remember me and Alf finished in the bottom 2 on EM last season, but we finished in the top 3 on here this time, what a turnaround eh lol.

Hi Acido, unlucky getting pipped at the post mate. I have entered the PL on here for quite a few years and it is very well run by Orgoner and there is no reason why you cannot be in both, like me. I will have to contact Dazzy as I only intended to cover for one season and he has not said that he will take over again?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)