+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 World Cup PL - Final table after fixture of Sunday 15th July

Post 2018 World Cup PL - Final table after fixture of Sunday 15th July

2018 World Cup PL - Final table after fixture of Sunday 15th July

Please check the following for errors:

Table is in format: poster/previous score/current score/total score/posting status

Leedshippriest Jr. / 159 / 6 / 165 / Active
    Acido / 159 / 6 / 165 / Active
    Alfinyalcabo / 162 / 0 / 162 / Active
    Silentman / 156 / 6 / 162 / Active
    Ralgex Rovers / 153 / 6 / 159 / Active
    Dalek / 147 / 6 / 153 / Active
    CalverleyBoy / 144 / 6 / 150 / Active
    Davee59 / 147 / 3 / 150 / Active
    Belper69Ram / 141 / 6 / 147 / Active
    Billyni / 141 / 6 / 147 / Active
    Leedshippriest / 147 / 0 / 147 / Active
    Oranjewhite / 141 / 6 / 147 / Active
    Orgoner / 138 / 6 / 144 / Active
    Andrea / 132 / 6 / 138 / Active
    Cocopops61 / 132 / 6 / 138 / Active
    Denver11 / 132 / 6 / 138 / Active
    Maltbywhite / 135 / 3 / 138 / Active
    Ralph / 132 / 6 / 138 / Active
    Fredlufc74 / 135 / 0 / 135 / DNP
    Jimmybn / 132 / 0 / 132 / DNP
    OldWhiteTaff / 132 / 0 / 132 / DNP
    Ant / 129 / 0 / 129 / DNP
    George_Kaplan / 123 / 0 / 123 / Active
    Yeboah01 / 123 / 0 / 123 / DNP
    Costa_Blanca_White / 120 / 0 / 120 / DNP
    Lufc74 / 108 / 0 / 108 / DNP
    Tichi1 / 102 / 0 / 102 / DNP
    Fartcatcher / 96 / 0 / 96 / DNP
    MORRIM / 87 / 0 / 87 / DNP
    Joellufcprice / 72 / 0 / 72 / DNP
    Carp / 63 / 0 / 63 / DNP
    Gaz1959 / 54 / 0 / 54 / DNP
    Hgatenasty / 0 / 6 / 6 / New

An entertaining enough final and I guess the better of the two teams won on the day, but Lloris in particular should have recurring nightmares for a few days at least. I did something very similar in a far, far (far) more Mickey Mouse final (which we also won!) and I am still annoyed and embarrassed about it the better part of twenty years later! Just imagine if that had been the deciding goal...

...which it effectively was for one of our daily posters. Of the fif**** that sensibly picked France to win in regulation and (logically) also lift the trophy, Ralph came closest to the actual scoreline with his 4-1 to France prediction - it would also have been enough to beat his daughter!

Hgatenasty made the latest possible cameo entry and, had he scored similarly in all 64 games, he would've lifted the 2018 WC PL title.

Speaking of which...

Going into the final game, Alf had a nervy lead of three over Acido & Leedshippriest Jr. (Harry), six over Silentman and nine over Ralgex Rovers.

Alf's gamble on Croatia backfired and, since the remaining four all picked a winning (but inexact) scoreline for France - this was enough to lift Acido and Harry into a joint share of the top spot, with Alf and Silentman finishing equal third on points.

So, who won the damn thing then?

According to rules of this competition, after points, the next discriminator is the most number of correct outcomes at the end of regulation time.

After the semi-finals, both Acido and Harry had picked the outcomes thirty-three times out of the sixty-two matches played. Impressive!

Since both picked France to win the genuine final, the deciding game came down to the third place match...

... where Acido led with his heart, picking England and Harry was more pragmatic, picking Belgium.

England? Mad? That's Acido for you!

Seriously though, it was a great effort by Acido (and Alf!), but the competition ends, perhaps fortuitously, with a Leeds fan as the winner.

The 2018 WC PL Champion is Harry (Leedshippriest Jr.)

What's particularly pleasing about this is that he can wave his trophy in front of his dad.

As a bit of a side show, the final placings for the various sources of the entries was, according to all entries:-

Entrants Total Average
    Other 3 435 145.0
    SBS 4 579 144.8
    EnglandMad 5 669 133.8
    LeedsMad 17 2031 119.5
    Regdafish 4 456 114.0

However, since several bailed out along the way (LeedsMad and Regdafish slackers!), a more representative table, based on those multiply active at the end is probably:-

Entrants Total Average
    EnglandMad 4 615 153.8
    SBS 3 450 150.0
    Regdafish 2 297 148.5
    Other 3 435 145.0
    LeedsMad 7 1014 144.9

EnglandMad are the 2018 WC PL Group Prediction Winners.

That'll please the Burnsley lads.

Final housekeeping:

The Result:

Game 64 : France v Croatia 4-2 (France win the World Cup)

Scoring:

Three points for correct outcome
    Additional three points for correct scoreline (i.e. requires correct outcome)

For knock-out stages only: three points for prediction of progressing team - need not match "regulation" outcome

A similar 2018/19 version of this competition, involving all the teams (home and away) of the top four English divisions (plus odd cup and international games) will be starting soon.

Open to all. Free to enter. And there are even a couple of trophies to be won.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    Last edited by Orgoner; 16-07-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks Org, kept us all interested until the real thing unfolds again in a couple of weeks' time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Thanks Org, kept us all interested until the real thing unfolds again in a couple of weeks' time.
    Indeed - another fixture and you'd probably have won this one too!

Bloody hell that turned out close,well played and congratulations Leedshippriest jr 🏆

Well done Acido and Alf,you almost pulled it off but got pipped on the last game

I personally think that I should have had a top three finish and demand a recount from game one 😉

Thank you organer for all of the hard work that you have put into the comp,I enjoyed taking part 👏

Cheers Orgs mate,those damned froggies really put the boot into me.. Really enjoyed the comp and will join the other one..Well done to Leedssh/tpriest Jnr on his win and unlucky to Acido who like me fell at the last hurdle.. At leat Englandmad won the team comp.. Hope I'm still round for the next World Cup.. Lol

Well done Orgs and to the winner as well.

And poor Alfie. So near and yet so far. Story of your life,eh?

And i hope you see the next one too, and as an outed Leeds suppoter.
    Last edited by Billyni; 16-07-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Top job - shame Alf failed to deliver in the final, real shame that

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Top job - shame Alf failed to deliver in the final, real shame that
    I'd've had no problem with Alf winning - I think Acido turned out to be the unlucky one in the end, simply through picking one less outcome than Harry.

Never quite sure why people drop out of these things before the end when the format of the competition is essentially the same throughout.

That said, I know Benidorm had some issues logging in, so perhaps he wasn't alone?

Anyway, I don't mind doing these things - beats real work!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I'd've had no problem with Alf winning - I think Acido turned out to be the unlucky one in the end, simply through picking one less outcome than Harry.

Never quite sure why people drop out of these things before the end when the format of the competition is essentially the same throughout.

That said, I know Benidorm had some issues logging in, so perhaps he wasn't alone?

Anyway, I don't mind doing these things - beats real work!

I just need to work out how to get my prediction right

Im walking away from this as the joint winner, thats my story and Im sticking to it.
    I didnt realise I/we had both got that many correct preds, it all bodes well for the new FL season preds league doesnt it. If there were enough people in that then I wish there could be the introduction of two divisions and promotion & relegation etc. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)