+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petty crime in Dundee

Petty crime in Dundee

According to the Tele the city seems to be a very accommodating place for petty crime and thuggery. The courts are doing what they can to stem the overcrowding at HMP service!

Seems you can have a rap sheet for assault as long as.... err.... Paul McGowan... and still not do time.

Tagged Friday Saturday and Sunday from 7pm. Some away games in the west will be fine but Dens to Airdrie on a Saturday could get messy with tea time traffic jams.

But the club are standing by him, make of that what you will.

he is a very lucky guy. yeah saw the curfew thing - how long for? cant he just play with the tag on lol

He'll be in jail soon enough, neds like him can't help themselves. He's like something aff the Jeremy Kyle show.

said it before - why most of us would but off our testicles to be professional footballers. I know maybe its because he plays at the trolleydome i suppose

Told to do 200 hours of unpaid work.

Kinda explains why Dundee still want him around.

Thing is if that had been you or me we'd be inside right now. Not really understanding why someone who is in the public spotlight gets different and preferential treatment tbh. If our club came out and said they were standing by a thug like that their fans would be on here slating us.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Thing is if that had been you or me we'd be inside right now. Not really understanding why someone who is in the public spotlight gets different and preferential treatment tbh. If our club came out and said they were standing by a thug like that their fans would be on here slating us.
    While I agree spitting on someone is disgusting.... I've never heard of anyone getting the jail for it...and I know he has previous convictions but £200 fine 200 hours CS and a weekend tag is no exactly getting away with it

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    While I agree spitting on someone is disgusting.... I've never heard of anyone getting the jail for it...and I know he has previous convictions but £200 fine 200 hours CS and a weekend tag is no exactly getting away with it
    Well it's still assault Peter and when you look at his previous if that was you or me we'd be inside. That's the bit I dont get tbh

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Well it's still assault Peter and when you look at his previous if that was you or me we'd be inside. That's the bit I dont get tbh
    You might be right...but the same court let some freak with 20000 images of children walk out on bail yesterday...with no tag ****in incredible

with the amount of times he's been done, hes clearly not learning his lessons. he had a tag on and had to do unpaid work before so what makes you think itll change him this time??

any "normal" person would have got much worse for their 5th offence.

whats surprising aswell as the dundee stance on it. they must be getting fed up of this too. surely on his last chance?! if that was a youth player in the under 20s he would have been punted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)