+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The World Cup ends but soccer carries on.

The World Cup ends but soccer carries on.

The long hot summer continues but Burnley must get down to preparing for EUFA business. - External Link

Dave Thornley got out of his deck chair to write this. I think the transfer news (or lack of) paragraph is worth taking on board.

Why not start talking about bombs on here too!! Lol
    We need one to get things moving - maybe senna could be more natural.

Has Nick done anything other than train and travel? Should be ready to go now.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-07-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Is Dave Thornley an American, because its not Soccer, its Football.

"Although this may be a source of irritation for Burnley supporters, it must be acknowledged that this is how Burnley operate under Sean Dyche".

No it isn't, its the way Garlick and Co choose to operate Burnley Football Club.

Clucas to replace Arfield, Rodriguez to add firepower plus a centre half are really all we need. Why worry?

Garlick and the board do not do recruitment, SD has money to spend but he will not be bullied by a daft market or clubs like WBA who want to hold him to ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Clucas to replace Arfield, Rodriguez to add firepower plus a centre half are really all we need. Why worry?

Garlick and the board do not do recruitment, SD has money to spend but he will not be bullied by a daft market or clubs like WBA who want to hold him to ransom.
    Clucks, JayRod and all the other names banded about but still no movement.

Garlick has the purse strings and his “Co” (HIS recruitment team) are again slow off the mark and ponderous, I am all for doing things proper and not jumping in, but yet another transfer window is winding down and again nothing to show for it, IMO there is something not functioning as it should with our negotiating strategy.

I was having a look at the squad who went to Ireland, we are not exactly short of players Alto!

...and they finished 7th in the EPL!

I was having a look at the squad who went to Ireland, we are not exactly short of players Alto!

...and they finished 7th in the EPL!
    Aye but just wait for the doom and gloom when the resuts of the two behind closed doors friendlies come through later. Blackpool are winning 2-0 and Shrewsbury just scored in the other game and are 1-0 ahead with quarter of an hour to play. How will we survive?

Best start a relegation thread Supersub!

Best start a relegation thread Supersub!
    Not me BT, I never worry about it at all. Seen plenty in my time with 8 relegations and 8 promotions so not something to get upset about, in any case, I am always the optimist, even in the worst of times.
    For the record --both games finished with the scores as shown above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)