+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 weeks to go to start of season.....transfer window shutting?

3 weeks to go to start of season.....transfer window shutting?

Have I imagined it or does the transfer window now close on 1st August or is that something that has been mooted but not implemented?

Either ways, its 3 weeks till we entertain Stoke live on Sky in first game of season which to my mind means we are already behind in terms of getting players in who can get up to speed and full integrate within the squad if we don't make significant signings by end of this week.

Theres no point predicting a 'line up' as I've literally no idea what Bielsa will play, I'd assume 3 at the back with wing backs and two centre mids with three upfront but he could do 4 at back, literally not a clue so instead lets see what we have in each 'position'

Gk- Blackman and BPF.....both young, neither 'experienced' as far as I'm concerned but that is what we have.

Lb/lwb- De Bock, Dallas and Pearce....................ERRRRRRM

Cb- Cooper, Jansson.............Jesus Christ.

Rb/Rwb- Ayling, Alioski, Berardi......................OH DEAR

Cm (defensive)- Vieira, Forshaw, Phillips.......PLEASE GOD

Cm (attacking)- Hernandez, Saiz, Baker?.........ahhhh at last, top of pitch must be where we thrive

Wingers- Alioski, Roofe and errrr Dallas?............DAMMIT

Strikers- Edmondson..........Dear god. oh and that Roberts guy, remember him?

We are SERIOUSLY short of players. How they're even training match situations is beyond me with that squad. Jansson hasn't even trained with them yet so it has basically been Cooper on his own as a centre back of any merit at the club

Other notable ****houses who aren't good enough- Anita, Shaugnessey, O'Kane, Sacko, Murphy, Ekuban + Klich and Ideguchi (might be ok but lets be honest probably crap)

Just looking at that we need 2 cbs, a lb (Unless De Bock is suddenly world class), 2 wingers and 2 strikers...

Never mind Joel.. Whatever Schite you put on the pitch the crowds will still watch them.. That's all the board wants is to rake in the money off the deluded long frustrated fans.. They don't give a flying phook about anything else as long as they keep stealing your money..

and if Bielsa wants to play 3 at back with wing backs then good god we need a lot of signings so I don't personally see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    and if Bielsa wants to play 3 at back with wing backs then good god we need a lot of signings so I don't personally see that happening.
    Agree - made this exact same point about the exact same positions needed on a different thread.

Or, Bielsa polishes the tu rd. If he does that then we truly have a genius. Time will tell if we get to see the silky ball-playing centre back style he inculcates in Cooper - and how he gets rid of the self-destruct buttons of Saiz, Cooper, Berardi and Phillips. They've always been of help. Plus getting some pace into Dallas and Forshaw for the pressing game he plays. Plus helping De Bock learn how to defend and Allioski and Saiz to stay on their feet when they're tackled gently. Also making sure that Roofe is able to pass or shoot after running quickly with the ball under semi-control.Thankfully he doesn't need to teach our first choice goalkeeper how to catch this year, which must be a positive. And we've got two really good players in Hernandez and Viera - Bielsa will be relieved whenever they're on the ball in training I would think - save him a job.

So much to do - I guess that's why we haven't heard anything - it's just a lot of busy work going on to achieve the above with what we have.

It closes on August 9th at 5pm

Loans till August 31st.

We're ten days away from first match of the season. If we signed a first class striker now, would it make a difference against Stoke? Even if it do, how long before having one target man (if Bielsa would play a formation that had that), gets found out? Not as long as it took otgers to get wise to when Wood was that target man, that's for sure.

We have neither the time nor the funds to acquire 4-5 significant signings. Let's let the guy work with what we have, and see what happens?

Bid on, linked to, in talks with, etc etc 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

We need to be careful here..seems a lot is riding on the skills of the coach..if it goes tits up early doors we are gonna be in for a real hard slog!

Season could be over before its feckin begun!

Sorry lads..just feel deflated by it all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)