+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T pit pension

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    The Trustees incorporate environmental, social and governance factors into investment decisions taken in respect of the Scheme’s investments. As every decent investor should......
    I would think most pensioners would consider obtaining a decent return on their investment as being an important factor.

There's an interesting article here concerning the management of the fund: https://www.ipe.com/pensions/investo...016929.article No mention of any particular emphasis on environmental, social and governance factors there (although any sensible investor would have an eye on governance).

I note quite a heavy emphasis on private debt, which, of course, featured large in the 2008 crash. Then again, it looks like the fund is advised by Goldman Sachs.

It's an odd one that a coal industry pension fund should have regard to environmental factors.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I would think most pensioners would consider obtaining a decent return on their investment as being an important factor.

There's an interesting article here concerning the management of the fund: https://www.ipe.com/pensions/investo...016929.article No mention of any particular emphasis on environmental, social and governance factors there (although any sensible investor would have an eye on governance).

I note quite a heavy emphasis on private debt, which, of course, featured large in the 2008 crash. Then again, it looks like the fund is advised by Goldman Sachs.

It's an odd one that a coal industry pension fund should have regard to environmental factors.
    I've took that sentence straight off the MPS website....and of course a decent return is important, nobody is a communist here, even if you've once again mistakenly thought so....so yes, all those factors are taken into account when investing, and just have a look at the results, you CAN actually make money from investing without being an absolute rabid capitalist looking to earn a cheap buck, on the back of companies offering poor standards of employment, environmentalist policies etc etc, you'd do the same i'm sure, wouldn't you???

I've took that sentence straight off the MPS website....and of course a decent return is important, nobody is a communist here, even if you've once again mistakenly thought so....so yes, all those factors are taken into account when investing, and just have a look at the results, you CAN actually make money from investing without being an absolute rabid capitalist looking to earn a cheap buck, on the back of companies offering poor standards of employment, environmentalist policies etc etc, you'd do the same i'm sure, wouldn't you???
    Maybe the fund's excesses can be siphoned off to improve the health service?

Govia is train company that has extensive experience running complex and challenging rail operations and managing significant change programmes. It's vision is a world where every journey is taken care of and it's strategic priorities include: 'To run our franchises in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible way' and 'To provide high quality, locally focused passenger transport services.'

I took the above directly off the Govia webiste. A bit of free advice for you MMM - learn to read things critically.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe the fund's excesses can be siphoned off to improve the health service?
    Maybe if you understood what has just happened, and has been happening in previous years, is that the gov't gaurantees the pension, in return for that gaurantee every 5 years there's a audit if you like, and the gov't takes half the surplus, the other half goes to pension bonuses, in this case, there was a £1.2B surplus, £600M has gone to the bonuses, have a guess where the other £600M has gone??? yep, the gov't, now i would be amazed if your ****ehouse of a gov't actually used it for the NHS, absolutely amazed, but nonetheless that's where it's gone.

Stop trying to be the smart arris Grist, it really doesn't suit you.

Govia is train company that has extensive experience running complex and challenging rail operations and managing significant change programmes. It's vision is a world where every journey is taken care of and it's strategic priorities include: 'To run our franchises in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible way' and 'To provide high quality, locally focused passenger transport services.'

I took the above directly off the Govia webiste. A bit of free advice for you MMM - learn to read things critically.
    Ah, there's a massive difference though isn't there, absolutely massive, Govia plainly is a company i was talking about who have no care whatsoever for their customers, their employees etc, only the profit they make, they can bleat their soundbites all they want, that's what they are, the MPS is a wholly different beast, coming from a trade union background with an avid interest in the welfare of working folk, the environment, etc etc etc.

What is the estimated length of the pension fund before all of the miners pass away ?

Is there enough money to cover all of the commitments?

What happens to all of the land, property and the rest of the investments when the last pensioner passes?

1. At least 30 years is the guess...

2. If it continues it's record of investment i can't see why not.

3. Aint a clue.

Hard thing to do when you're wearing blinkers so don't be too hard on the old chap. He's had years of indoctrination

Gordon Brown loved raiding pension funds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast