+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T pit pension

O/T pit pension

Just been awarded a 4.2 % pay rise guaranteed for the next 6 years ....I love my pit pension ...a 1.5 billion surplus in the pension funds value ....someone is doing something right

Your good lady says she going to do a ViV Nicholson now.

The government is the guarantor to the miners pension fund, who take quite a sum out of the scheme, but with it being a bonus pay rise the government don't take any money.
    But with quite a few pensioners on benefits, such has council tax & rent rebate, the rise in the miners pension will be counted in their income, so they don't gain anything, what ever bonus they get will be wiped off.

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    Just been awarded a 4.2 % pay rise guaranteed for the next 6 years ....I love my pit pension ...a 1.5 billion surplus in the pension funds value ....someone is doing something right
    Sounds good. I wonder where they invested it?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Sounds good. I wonder where they invested it?
    Russian coal producing company's !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The government is the guarantor to the miners pension fund, who take quite a sum out of the scheme, but with it being a bonus pay rise the government don't take any money.
    But with quite a few pensioners on benefits, such has council tax & rent rebate, the rise in the miners pension will be counted in their income, so they don't gain anything, what ever bonus they get will be wiped off.
    I do hope Arthur is OK and not having to visit the food banks.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I do hope Arthur is OK and not having to visit the food banks.
    I Wonder why he never got a knighthood.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Russian coal producing company's !!!
    Must be hard finding companies and funds that tick the right (or should that be left) boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Must be hard finding companies and funds that tick the right (or should that be left) boxes

The Trustees incorporate environmental, social and governance factors into investment decisions taken in respect of the Scheme’s investments. As every decent investor should......

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    What happens to the pension pot when there are only say a 1000 members left?
    Is there a limit to how much pension can be paid to a surging previous contributor? Afterall it’s their pension pot when all said and done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast