+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Assombalonga??

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    Really, where? It seems a fairly sensible, but strongly felt, debate to me.
    The site is called Footymad.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    The site is called Footymad.
    And 'Chinky', 'Chinaman', and LGBT flag are all related to the Albion aren't they? And to be fair to Mick, even Bernard Manning is connected to football through Citeh

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Yet again a interesting thread turns into a full scale slanging match.
    It ay a slanging match. More to the point how is a thread about Assombalonga remotely interesting?

😀

Wasn’t the term ‘Brit’ first used by Irish republicans? I don’t think it was a term of endearment! The problem with these arguments about gay and ethnic issues is that it has become one sided. Gays can argue that they deserve equal treatment and consideration (reasonable) but the opposite view is not to be tolerated. If we are at accept free speech, then some views that we may not agree with have to be accepted? If someone believes that homo***uality is a perversion, then surely they are entitled to hold that viewpoint? That, of course, does not mean that discrimination or violence is acceptable. The Christian couple that refused a pair of gay men a room in their b&b on religious grounds were convicted of an offence but I don’t recall anything similar relating to Muslims, who also consider homo***uality a sin.

On the matter of a ‘gay’ flag in an Albion stand, why? What on Earth is the purpose of that, other than to provoke a hostile response. Anyway, flags block the view of those sitting behind them. If that ‘rainbow’ flag is waved in front of me, I will tell the perpetrator to shove up their @****, and the same for any other flag that blocks my view.

By the way, I really am a nice person, just maybe on the wrong planet!

Just out of interest, what do you mean by the "opposite view" to equal treatment and consideration?

I personally don't care what people's views are in private. I only object when they are used to mistreat others.

Imagine for a moment if you got banned from the Albion because their opinion is that it's a perversion to live in Kettering.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    Just out of interest, what do you mean by the "opposite view" to equal treatment and consideration?

I personally don't care what people's views are in private. I only object when they are used to mistreat others.

Imagine for a moment if you got banned from the Albion because their opinion is that it's a perversion to live in Kettering.
    There lies the problem.

There is no freedom of speech in this country. If there was we should be allowed to say what we want when we want. Without fear of offending. We are forced to tolerate whether we like it or not.

What is it exactly that you can't say?

An extreme example, if an MP publically stated that he/she thought that being ‘gay’ was being a pervert, I am sure that the outcry from the PC brigade would force resignation. Stating that multiculturalism in Britain has been a disaster would also be likely to have resignation forced upon someone. Whether or not you agree or strongly disagree with such opinions, people should be free to hold them and the holding of such views does not mean that violence or discrimination should be condoned.

More importantly, I am not in favour of us signing Assombalonga. That is what this thread is all about, isn’t it?

Maybe we have differing opinions of the role of an MP. Either way, what you have stated is conjecture.

What are your thoughts on a business/company banning you because they think you are a pervert? Would you agree with their right to do that?

From the limited stuff I've seen of Assombalonga he seemed okay but neither strongly for or against. Big Dave will decide who he wants and for his reasons.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)