+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Assombalonga??

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    Can I just ask what a "straight" flag looks like?
    Its just a pole mate

OK, RJ. But surely minority groups are more likely offended that ever-so-caring PC people think that they need caring protection from w*nkers who call them Paki or Queer or Fatty, just for a bit of name-calling. When I got called names at school the last thing I would have wanted was my Mum going round to the school.
    PC people seem to think (eg) Pakistanis need a cuddle, but more likely they like to tell their middle-class friends, over luncheon, how caring they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Johnson View Post
    A quick search on footy mad for the term LGBT will tell you otherwise about it not being a problem. The point is this, people from that Community have been excluded, attacked, and in some cases brutally murdered for being different. It's about the club showing they are as welcome to be here as you and I. The straight majority don't need to impose themselves as they are already seen as the accepted ones. The fact that gay footballers don't feel safe enough to come out tells us all we need to know about levels of acceptance within the game.
    The point being if as an individual was offended by that flag it would fall on deaf ears. You wouldn't support my view as it wouldn't be PC.
    In this day and age it is acceptable to be gay or whatever the fashionable acronym is. There is no need to march, fly flags or mention it constantly. In other words just shut up.about it, get on with it, nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    OK, RJ. But surely minority groups are more likely offended that ever-so-caring PC people think that they need caring protection from w*nkers who call them Paki or Queer or Fatty, just for a bit of name-calling. When I got called names at school the last thing I would have wanted was my Mum going round to the school.
    PC people seem to think (eg) Pakistanis need a cuddle, but more likely they like to tell their middle-class friends, over luncheon, how caring they are.
    I can't speak for others but my objection is when the use of language creates or perpetuates a climate of oppression and superiority against others, usually minority groups in society. I think that's a dangerous game.

Cyrille Regis stated that the chant that really got to him was 'nigger nigger nigger, lick my boots' because it smacked of colonial and racial superiority.

If name calling is just a bit of harmless fun why don't we hear that chant anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Its just a pole mate
    Bloody Poles, lol.

Its just a pole mate
    Careful.....surely in the mind of the “Thought Police” that’s a racist term for a bloke from Poland.

Must remember to raise my flag of Bernard Manning in my front garden.

On a white background.....,obviously!

I find your view of the world a touch exaggerated Mick.

Interesting that Manning never made jokes about people for being White, fat, or Jewish.

Yet again a interesting thread turns into a full scale slanging match.

The point being if as an individual was offended by that flag it would fall on deaf ears. You wouldn't support my view as it wouldn't be PC.
    In this day and age it is acceptable to be gay or whatever the fashionable acronym is. There is no need to march, fly flags or mention it constantly. In other words just shut up.about it, get on with it, nobody cares.
    The statistics to 'just get on with it' are quite shocking.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/comeout...ain/hate-crime

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Yet again a interesting thread turns into a full scale slanging match.
    Really, where? It seems a fairly sensible, but strongly felt, debate to me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)