+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT: Trump's end may be in sight

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Mr Serious Pie and I have a £20 bet on that the Trumpster will not make it to the end of his four-year term. With still 28 months to go, he is in deep brown stuff. Even his Republican pals like Gingrich and Ryan are calling him out on this one. To tell Putin that he may well not have interfered in the 2016 election is beyond misjudgment. He is saying that the US cannot rely on the integrity of its own intelligence services.
    Only fools could support Trump at this point. He has shat upon America's allies and friends and told at least 3 dictatorships that he likes the way they are running their country.
    Mueller will now know he has to step on the gas with his enquiry. I have always said that once the Republican turn on the orange moron, the road to impeachment will open up.
    For everyones sake I hope you win your bit Sidders. Putin must have an awful lot of pictures of Trump balls deep in a Moscow hooker is all I can say.

[QUOTE=MagpieTony;38948749]
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Started at Clearpoint press, then NPF and then Hill & Tyler before going into Mailing at Vertis in Leicester. have had my own business (Tecnico) for last 13 years.

I worked at Strong Meakin Advertising which was bought out by Clearpoint Press on the death of Mr. Meakin. We were on Gladstone Street and were moved to the top floor of the Clearpoint press building on Duke Street in 1980. We were silk screen printers. Keith Simpson and I think it was Jim Taylor were the directors at the time.
    Yes, that's right, i started in '82! I had to spend time upstairs with you lot sometimes. I was the misbehaved gobby ginger nut!

[QUOTE=ncfcog;38948824]
    Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post

Yes, that's right, i started in '82! I had to spend time upstairs with you lot sometimes. I was the misbehaved gobby ginger nut!
    I left in '81 so just missed you. You would know John and Mark then (who went on to form their own Company Silverscreen I think), Richard Marriott (another Notts fan) and Don Gardner?

[QUOTE=MagpieTony;38948831]

I left in '81 so just missed you. You would know John and Mark then (who went on to form their own Company Silverscreen I think), Richard Marriott (another Notts fan) and Don Gardner?
    Yes I do, mostly Don, he was a bit of a character.

[QUOTE=ncfcog;38948833]

Yes I do, mostly Don, he was a bit of a character.
    One of the biggest hypochondriacs you are ever likely to meet . Good guy though. We used to all have some brilliant nights out in Town.

[QUOTE=MagpieTony;38948843]

One of the biggest hypochondriacs you are ever likely to meet . Good guy though. We used to all have some brilliant nights out in Town.
    Has brought back some memories for sure!

Started at Clearpoint press, then NPF and then Hill & Tyler before going into Mailing at Vertis in Leicester. have had my own business (Tecnico) for last 13 years.

I remember having an interview at 16 with Boots, on Station Street. Was for an apprenticeship, but I don't think they were impressed with my Fred Perry T-Shirt and fishtail parker!! Live and learn eh!

Are you still working, I'm assuming you are about 57 now if your username is anything to go by?
    No I am 67 next week my username is from when I started watching Notts (actually it was the 59/60 season but I cocked up) I retired 3 years ago.
    Hill and Tyler weren't they part of the Howitt's group? Best thing I ever did was going to Boots in 84, they sold us on in 93 but the contracts and pensions were kept, so I had 31 years service at retirement.

[QUOTE=MagpieTony;38948749]

I worked at Strong Meakin Advertising which was bought out by Clearpoint Press on the death of Mr. Meakin. We were on Gladstone Street and were moved to the top floor of the Clearpoint press building on Duke Street in 1980. We were silk screen printers. Keith Simpson and I think it was Jim Taylor were the directors at the time.
    I used to work with Keith's brother Sid and knew his nephew Gary who I think also worked at Clearpoint at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    No I am 67 next week my username is from when I started watching Notts (actually it was the 59/60 season but I cocked up) I retired 3 years ago.
    Hill and Tyler weren't they part of the Howitt's group? Best thing I ever did was going to Boots in 84, they sold us on in 93 but the contracts and pensions were kept, so I had 31 years service at retirement.
    Ah, many happy returns for next week! It started off with a Howitts connection before Brian Mills and Paul Loveday took it forward independently. Was a fantastic business until Brian retired, then it went downhill rapidly. Boots and Imperial Tobacco two of their biggest clients.

[QUOTE=i961pie;38948963]

I used to work with Keith's brother Sid and knew his nephew Gary who I think also worked at Clearpoint at some time.
    To be honest i was out of there once I finished my apprenticeship, not sure I can remember a lot of people there now, it was a long time ago!

Mick was my supervisor in the finishing dept, Terry with the big moustache on the guillotine was a big friend to me, also big Roger (I think) who used to bomb about in the VW company van?

Got quite friendly with some of the press guys as well but they were quite vicious haha!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast