+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forest Green Rovers Tonight 7pm UK time

Did he purposely play that side for the full 90 minutes to highlight to our owner that they aren't going to be good enough???

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    You say that but we literally have no other centre backs, hence why I think we are a little panic stations in regards to transfers at moment as we are way way short in more than one position.
    Pontus is being rested, else Cooper be on bench

It was just a first pre-season friendly, but I didn't see much change in the players that played or the tactics used.

Apparently we played a high press, but it didn't work against very modest opposition if we did (I didn't see much sign of it). Saiz looked overweight to me and was arguing with the referee about 'penalties' in a PSF! Hernandez lively, Dallas worked hard. Roofe not a striker (oh! lightbulb!). Allioski fell down and moaned to the referee. Our 'style' of play was much like that at the end of last season, and all the same slow build up and lack of options were apparent.

On the positive, they all looked like they were bothered, and we've often lost pre-season games, so at least that didn't happen.

But those 4/5 signings definitely needed to shake up the style of play and add quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    It was just a first pre-season friendly, but I didn't see much change in the players that played or the tactics used.

Apparently we played a high press, but it didn't work against very modest opposition if we did (I didn't see much sign of it). Saiz looked overweight to me and was arguing with the referee about 'penalties' in a PSF! Hernandez lively, Dallas worked hard. Roofe not a striker (oh! lightbulb!). Allioski fell down and moaned to the referee. Our 'style' of play was much like that at the end of last season, and all the same slow build up and lack of options were apparent.

On the positive, they all looked like they were bothered, and we've often lost pre-season games, so at least that didn't happen.

But those 4/5 signings definitely needed to shake up the style of play and add quality.

Cheers for your honest report Jez mate. We lacked consistency for the best past last season, hope the new guy can right a few? wrongs.
    Do you know anything about Brentfords Jozefzoom?.....another rumour? or false hope? or worth a punt?

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Cheers for your honest report Jez mate. We lacked consistency for the best past last season, hope the new guy can right a few? wrongs.
    Do you know anything about Brentfords Jozefzoom?.....another rumour? or false hope? or worth a punt?
    Yeah let's hope so...

Looks like Jozefzoom's gone to Derby today....

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Yeah let's hope so...

Looks like Jozefzoom's gone to Derby today....
    watch the highlights and I thought we looked okay - much better possession football with an attacking intent.

Seem to be linked with a lot more players today - let’s see what the end of the week has brought.

If Derby have signed someone then give FPF does that mean ......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)