+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If we could only get 2 players now to transter deadline what would you get...

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But other than money issues would an experienced midfielder fit into the "fit and proper" Warne test?

The older hands tend to have big egos and don't like putting a shift in.
    We have got to think about stopping up this season if we can’t fund a real push to stay up then why bother getting promoted in the first place,if it means spending on one player that will make all the difference then we have to go for it.Will the fans accept the waving of the white flag again half way through the season.Stay up & move on the season after.

Looking at Brentford they spend 2-3 million per season then sell on for a profit. If we can get into this bracket we could establish ourselves as a championship club...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I did notice Williams play in a central midfield role at pgate and did quite well and Wiles is another possibility. It might be a bit too much to ask him to shine straight away in the championship though.
    Williams played in attacking central midfield/ "number ten" role away at Charlton last season... on the evidence from that day, I'd keep him out on the wing! (We lost 1-3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    One for mikemiller noticed Holmes is a Yank have we ever had a yank play for the Millers.
    Junior McDougald?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    One for mikemiller noticed Holmes is a Yank have we ever had a yank play for the Millers.
    Can't think of anybody. Nearest I can think of was Ian Maclean, who we had on loan, left to move to Canada, but was actually born in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by MillmoorRon View Post
    Junior McDougald?
    We seem to be going onto another thread, but I never knew that - great Millers knowledge!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12