+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we could only get 2 players now to transter deadline what would you get...

If we could only get 2 players now to transter deadline what would you get...

...obvious one for me is a good goalie and the other would be a central midfielder. We would have to patch up at right back with Iekwe, Vaulks, Forde or Onariase assuming Vyner is only temporarily missing who can play there. Not good but I did say only 2 and we have not the same cover in midfield with Towell gone and Potter obviously still knacked. I did notice Williams play in a central midfield role at pgate and did quite well and Wiles is another possibility. It might be a bit too much to ask him to shine straight away in the championship though.

In an ideal world we would get a goalie (Rodak), a right back, 2 central mids (i defensive/ 1 goal scoring) and a forward. Some might argue we need another centre back as well.

My gut instinct, and more positive bonce, suggests the cavalry might arrive at the last min as in all good cowboy films! If it dunt arrive can we go with what we have? Team spirit and fitness would be everything then. Would it be enough though? It could be we would have to chuck the young uns in and hope they can swim. I have to say Hinds, Mcginley, Wiles and Kayode have looked pretty decent so far but as i have said a lot to ask against champ teams.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 17-07-2018 at 02:08 PM.

I would like Rodak back & Holmes from Scunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I would like Rodak back & Holmes from Scunny.
    I'm with you on that choice, Holmes is a cracking player

Quote Originally Posted by roscoemiller View Post
    I'm with you on that choice, Holmes is a cracking player
    Really? He dashes about a lot but there is rarely an end product.....and that's in League 1.
    I think we need better than him for the Championship.

Against us I thought he was the best player on the field.

One for mikemiller noticed Holmes is a Yank have we ever had a yank play for the Millers.

Holmes is a decent player though I don't think he's what we need.
    I would prefer a defencive midfield along the lines of Smallwood/potter type player..
    Other one has to be a keeper. If it's not rodak then I can see us taking whoever is left and price being the first choice..

Still think we're 5 players short

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Holmes is a decent player though I don't think he's what we need.
    I would prefer a defencive midfield along the lines of Smallwood/potter type player..
    Other one has to be a keeper. If it's not rodak then I can see us taking whoever is left and price being the first choice..

Still think we're 5 players short
    To be honest I think we could have done without Vassel & brought an experienced m/fielder in even a last pay day one if he was fit owt to keep us up this season & give us time to build.

To be honest I think we could have done without Vassel & brought an experienced m/fielder in even a last pay day one if he was fit owt to keep us up this season & give us time to build.
    Possibly. Vassell does offer a bit different to what we have..
    if proctor doesn't get his finger out. He will be playing catch up without a pre season..

Tomlin from Cardiff could be the solid midfielder we need

But other than money issues would an experienced midfielder fit into the "fit and proper" Warne test?

The older hands tend to have big egos and don't like putting a shift in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast