+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where has all the money gone?

Well clubs are helped out by sponsors adverts etc .now the club shops are sports direct tills id say its like rangers where anything with in the club shop Ashley gets 93 pence in the pound the club get 7 pence .I'd be looking at mash holdings where mike's son in law is involved .

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    wotcha fella, rafa could walk in to most Prem clubs eyes shut, just cannot figure out why he's putting up with the clubs obvious under ambition, ask me mate there's nothing worse than starting the season when you know its a relegation struggle!
    Cos he wont pay the £4m,£5m or £6m he is reportedly earning to break his contract .. would you? Ashley is pissing him off and Benitez is sitting it out... a bit like Colback .

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And then imagine defending the owner for doing that....
    No one would!

wotcha fella, rafa could walk in to most Prem clubs eyes shut, just cannot figure out why he's putting up with the clubs obvious under ambition, ask me mate there's nothing worse than starting the season when you know its a relegation struggle!
    I posted a thread a few days ago that Rafa would be welcomed by 15 premi3rship club's

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Cos he wont pay the £4m,£5m or £6m he is reportedly earning to break his contract .. would you? Ashley is pissing him off and Benitez is sitting it out... a bit like Colback .
    thats a decent arguement fella, would have personally put Rafa above that, its not like he needs the cash and has no alternatives is it?
    but what do i know.. still you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I posted a thread a few days ago that Rafa would be welcomed by 15 premi3rship club's
    you did indeed Sir and i agree with you!

you did indeed Sir and i agree with you!
    It's possibly more tha

thats a decent arguement fella, would have personally put Rafa above that, its not like he needs the cash and has no alternatives is it?
    but what do i know.. still you may be right.
    Doubt he has the thick end of £5m lying around to pay ashley compen, plus the £5m lost wages, for the sake of another 10months ..

you can imagine the coversation with his missus " I am going to walk and pay £5m in compen and lose £5m in wages cos of transfer kitty "

not gonna happen is it
    Last edited by TheBigSausage; 17-07-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    Doubt he has the thick end of £5m lying around to pay ashley compen, plus the £5m lost wages, for the sake of another 10months ..

you can imagine the coversation with his missus " I am going to walk and pay £5m in compen and lose £5m in wages cos of transfer kitty "

not gonna happen is it
    well its not a positive scenario is it! definately not good for Newcastle United thats a fact,
    a stadia sold out most weekends with Sky money must be in the top 10 imo, we had the same problem last season, low investion followed by bad results and riots. we ain't pretending to be Champagne Lge material but certainly not relegation dogfight experts...

well its not a positive scenario is it! definately not good for Newcastle United thats a fact,
    a stadia sold out most weekends with Sky money must be in the top 10 imo, we had the same problem last season, low investion followed by bad results and riots. we ain't pretending to be Champagne Lge material but certainly not relegation dogfight experts...
    Fairly Unique situation .. fairly big potential but with an owner who has no interest beyond making money , fans as good as any out there and an owner who rarely shows his face . We are just a vehicle for advertising Shoite Defect , with no interest in selling or investing he is just leeching the life out of it , until one relegation too many , one gamble too many. Death by a thousand cuts i think the saying goes.
    Benitez is just the latest caught up in it, but unlikely to walk and see his bank account £10m lighter next May.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)