+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where has all the money gone?

Where has all the money gone?

I mean, seriously-where the fck has all the cash gone?

Season ticket money, shirt sponsorship, the tens of millions of pounds from the tv deal all pouring into the club yet we apparently haven't got a pot to piss in??? And i mean this seriously-where has it gone? Obviously we pay a large whack of it in wages and running costs but so does every other every other Premier League club and it doesn't stop them buying players.

Clearly the short answer is 'in Ashley's back pocket' but has anyone got any figures to explain how it gets there to financial simpletons like me? Are there any posters on here who can explain it in layman's terms? That fella who does the Swiss Ramble financial stuff knows the score but it's quite a job to plough through it.

A serious explanation would be appreciated because it's getting to the stage where, collectively, the fans have to do something en masse and being properly informed is always handy. Feel free to use this thread to slag the fat, lying, greedy bastard off too but if anyone can say 'this is how much we should actually be able to spend' I'd really appreciate it being explained to me.

bet if johnny rubber was still around he could tell us

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    bet if johnny rubber was still around he could tell us
    Aye, he was really good at that sort of stuff.

Until someone tells me differently all wages are covered in the transfer fee Sotheby’s money for wages must be somewhere.

Ashley insists that it is part of any incoming transfer deal, maybe he just says that and trousers it.

thought Ashley was in selling modus, not sure he'll invest if he wants out, personally find it strange that Rafa is staying so staunch!
    be lucky you Geordies
    john.

Johnny used to pay a pound and get the NUFC annual accounts.

Howay .. it must cost a fortune for Ashley to buy them big pants with the hoop in the waist, like clowns wear .

Its ironic he went into full on panic mode the season we went down and hired Benitez on a huge salary . He saw the massive drop in revenue and advertising coming and spent .

As soon as we back in SkyBigBucksland he stopped any support for Benitez , stopped spending full stop.

Now he wants rid and hire another Pardew type, on a fifth the wages , and no going to the media like rafa has, hence the policy of pissing off Benitez.
    I am convinced he thought Benitez would angle a move away for himself , and he would get compen and rid of him .

Aalreet, John

That was all a smokescreen when we were going through a sticky patch. The fat, lying, greedy bastard has no intention of staying.

Rafa is staying because either 1. he's honouring his contract and respecting the bond he has with us and with his team or 2. he's a greedy mercenary who doesn't want to pay his release clause or early-leaving penalty.

i'll let you decide which you think it is.

Having Ashley is like drowning in quicksand-a long, drawn-out and horrific death awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aalreet, John

That was all a smokescreen when we were going through a sticky patch. The fat, lying, greedy bastard has no intention of staying.

Rafa is staying because either 1. he's honouring his contract and respecting the bond he has with us and with his team or 2. he's a greedy mercenary who doesn't want to pay his release clause or early-leaving penalty.

i'll let you decide which you think it is.

Having Ashley is like drowning in quicksand-a long, drawn-out and horrific death awaits.
    wotcha fella, rafa could walk in to most Prem clubs eyes shut, just cannot figure out why he's putting up with the clubs obvious under ambition, ask me mate there's nothing worse than starting the season when you know its a relegation struggle!

Like I say, John-I think he's a man of honour. He'll quite rightly be off at the end of his contract-imagine your employer refusing to buy you the tools you need for your job unless you agree to commit yourself to another 4 years...of being denied the tools to do your job.

And then imagine defending the owner for doing that....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)