+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where has all the money gone?

Quote Originally Posted by gogz_86 View Post
    https://www2.deloitte.com/ch/en/page...ey-league.html

Newcastle broke even or rather made an operating profit of £3m In 2015/16; as you can see from the Deloitte report, Newcastle were ranked the 17th and among the top 20 clubs in the money league. Note that the report does not include palyer sales.

Newcastle earned:
    Match day: £27m
    Commercial: £25m
    Broadcasting: £77
    Total: £129m

During this season Newcastle broke even but then got relagated hampering our broadcasting revenue making a loss of about £50m which was cooked to look like it's was around £90m

Newcastles operational costs were around £50m and player wages around £80m.

So from the above, Newcastle are in the negatives of about £50m due to relagation.

Now let's look at Newcastles revenue last season estimating petty much the same except for broadcasting even though we have a better sponsorship deal and higher match day attendance from championship.

Match day: £27m
    Commercial: £25m
    Broadcasting plus prize: £123
    Total revenue: £175m minimum

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/p...e-prize-money/

Assuming Rafa reduced the wage bill tremendously getting rid of players last season we should have still an expenditure of £125m approx giving the club a profit of £50m approx which would cover last seasons relagtion losses.

So In essence, Rafa has to wheel and deal this season although there should be some revenue coming in from the sissoko and widjnaldum deals.
    Great explanation, thanks.

The 2nd relegation is the one that hurts most. Simply because it could of been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    How the feck did Rangers get rid so quickly, because their fans wouldnt stand for his goings on. Our fans are soft shyte’s now and I include myself in that. Fans are a different breed now, remember in the past fans have forced the likes of
    Exactly that. A good friend of mine is retired ICF (if there is such a thing) & he told me that some UVF boys made it very clear to Ashley what he was messing with when he involved himself in Rangers affairs.

I guess Newcastle United fans don't have that kind of militant core fanbase. For better or worse I guess but it's a travesty that this man is a 'right and proper' owner!

Please see my post about possible legal action against the owner & possibly teaming up with fans of other clubs who have been destroyed by incompetent, greedy & corrupt owners over the Premiership era.

The FA & the Premier League have a lot to answer for!

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Great explanation, thanks.

The 2nd relegation is the one that hurts most. Simply because it could of been avoided.
    Yep the second relagation hit us bad....we would have been on a good financial footing and would have had £50m profit had we stayed in the premier league 2016/17 when the new to deals kicked in, but instead we got related and lost out on profiting £50m and ended up losing £50m instead. We have been set back by two season compared to the other clubs that stayed on.

That is why they are in a better position in the transfer market.

From 2016/17 for a period of 3 seasons clubs would be and will be earning in excess of £100m depending on league position as well compared to the previous season when we got related and earned £77m. We lost out badly, and now we pay the club has paid the price due to the fat mans incompetence.

You could see his desperation that season, we did spend A fair bit that season when we bought the likes of shelvey, mitro, thauvin, widjnaludum etc...but the incompetent fool hired an incompetent manager. He was so desperate that he had to go all out and bring Rafa in but by then it was too late and the damage was done.

We got relagated and the rest is history. Serves the fat **** right but it's doesn't serve us right...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)