+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water shortage oop t'north

I've absolutely no idea where I was thinking off,before this was discussed i would have put money on there being a harbour there

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I've absolutely no idea where I was thinking off,before this was discussed i would have put money on there being a harbour there
    Chalky,I know Dorset very well and there's Definitly no harbour at Durdle Dor.. There's a rock with a big hole in it though.. Lol

Did you get muddeled with Weymouth Coco?

The hole is the Durdle Door Alfie . ffs eh coco he's hard work n e

I also noticed Alfie did a to instead of a too in a different post :-/

Yeah I know that you know Dorset better than me Alf,I've only been to Lulworth Cove a couple of times,I'm totally baffled why I thought that there was a harbour/,marina there,I've got to admit defeat on this one and say that I was wrong..... I'm still going in September just to make sure I'm my own mind though 😂
    I've never been to Weymouth before gaz,that's why I thought that I would give it a visit,spending two weeks just touring the Dorset and Devon coast,no real plans just seeing where we end up

Yeah I know that you know Dorset better than me Alf,I've only been to Lulworth Cove a couple of times,I'm totally baffled why I thought that there was a harbour/,marina there,I've got to admit defeat on this one and say that I was wrong..... I'm still going in September just to make sure I'm my own mind though ��
    I've never been to Weymouth before gaz,that's why I thought that I would give it a visit,spending two weeks just touring the Dorset and Devon coast,no real plans just seeing where we end up
    Coco, if you do go to Weymouth, next door you have Portland and there you will find a massive harbour, it's where the 2012 Olympic sailing events were held, worth a look.

Yeah I know that you know Dorset better than me Alf,I've only been to Lulworth Cove a couple of times,I'm totally baffled why I thought that there was a harbour/,marina there,I've got to admit defeat on this one and say that I was wrong..... I'm still going in September just to make sure I'm my own mind though 
    Claw is right.. Take the open top bus tour from Weymouth Chalky to Portland lighthouse,fantastic views over Chesil beach,it costs a fiver and is worth every penny ,it's free for us OAPS..lol .. When you get to Portland you can go up the lighthouse and if you are daft enough like me you can climb up the great rock at the end.. I've done that for the last two years.. Don't miss the trip ,the buses run every hour and take about thirty minutes to get to Portland Bill..

Bloody hell,that sounds awesome Alf,that is right up my street and I'm definitely gonna do it,I shall let you know how I got on 😎

Cheers claw for suggesting it first 👏

Bloody hell,that sounds awesome Alf,that is right up my street and I'm definitely gonna do it,I shall let you know how I got on 😎

Cheers claw for suggesting it first 👏
    Coco ... Portland is a different world. Nature reserves, sailing and a good restaurant called the Cove Inn but you need to book at least a week in advance.

I did some sea kayaking in the waters mentioned by Claw and fished all over including Chesil Bank for sea bream

Some of the yokels in Portland get a bit bored and can see a tourist as a bit of entertainment so be slightly aware of that but don't let it spoil your trip.

The lighthouse is a great place and the climb to the top is something to behold.

We used to hire a cottage in Wyke Regis which is the bit in-between - just before the bridge to Portland opposite The Ferrybridge Pub which might be closed now??

If you like walking then look out for the Rodwell Trail that can take you from Wyke Regis to Weymouth.

In Weymouth Harbour try Vaughan's Bistro and you won't be sorry.

If you are in the town try the Black Dog for the olde worlde smugglers experience.

If you like a bit of karting etc pop a mile up the road to Preston

... oh I forgot to mention The Nothe Fort and gardens followed by a nice pint and lovely meal in The Nothe Tavern but you would be wise to book this in advance too

Cheers gaz,there is some great advice there,I can't book anywhere in advance as we are just turning up at places with no real forward planning,those locals will spot me coming from miles away in my Notts shirt and asking for places that don't exist except in my head like harbours at Lulworth Cove 😂
    I like the sound of Portland though and I've put it on the 'to do' list 😎

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast