+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I.R.F.U.Y. - Season 2018/19 edition.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Rightly or wrongly, you might find that posting such images are verging on new hate crime laws, nice to be associated with you and Sheepcrooky....I'm sure AFC are happy to have you on board too......
    Jeezo. “Verging on hate crime laws”.....wow. You know what SOJ64, I am technically classed as disabled and I encourage folk to take the pi$$ out of me and I take the pi$$ out of my own disability regularly.

Talking and laughing about these things help, being a snowflake doesn’t.

Hatecrime..

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Jeezo. “Verging on hate crime laws”.....wow. You know what SOJ64, I am technically classed as disabled and I encourage folk to take the pi$$ out of me and I take the pi$$ out of my own disability regularly.

Anything can be dismissed with the snowflake comment now and I don't know what the f@ck it means but it sounds like something that's at home in the right-wing of political discourse...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Anything can be dismissed with the snowflake comment now and I don't know what the f@ck it means but it sounds like something that's at home in the right-wing of political discourse...
    I think it means a new breed of people that make a point at being upset with everything. Especially meaningless words.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

Bully for you.

My understanding is that the term 'Snowflake' originated from the white floaty detritus drifiting down from the lums of concentration camps as the Holocaust was being played out.

EDIT: no moral stance is intended by this observation. Sort your own morals out.

Are folk fae Keith allowed morals?

Apart from Theology of course.

Kids who phone home after school to be picked up because its snowing. Welcome to the snowflake generation.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    My understanding is that the term 'Snowflake' originated from the white floaty detritus drifiting down from the lums of concentration camps as the Holocaust was being played out.

EDIT: no moral stance is intended by this observation. Sort your own morals out.
    I don’t know where it came from but always thought it was a simile in regards to snowflakes being precious I.e. melts under any heat.
    No strength in a snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Kids who phone home after school to be picked up because its snowing. Welcome to the snowflake generation.

As opposed to being dragged home an hour and a half late because you were helping to build the longest slidey in the world?

I never khew anyone to actually die using a slide but the casualty rate was enormous

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast