+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Ffs what is it with you lot? I always posted respectful and spoke about my affection towards County yet when I try to ask a simple question all the smart arses come out! We were not great, we did just about enough and got some very dodgy decisions but then we all do over a season.
    I was genuinely wondering how it was looking, I’d love you to get promoted and if we can stay up look forward to returning to your fine ground, a proper football stadium, not the modern, soulless bowls that so many have now days.
    From memory you seemed to be pretty fair when posting on here, unfortunately there were many that just came on to wind us up.

We appear to have made some good attack minded signings, however we will still end up with Duffy as captain and Stead on his own up front so knowing us we will probably miss out in play offs to Mansfailed.

On paper we've significantly improved the forward line, added to midfield potential (but may not have the essential ball winner) and haven't touched our back line. There is plenty of optimism but we've been here before so ask again in the middle of October to see how the season has started.

How big a loss is McNulty to you? I was impressed by him in the play off games, always dangerous and the sort of player you like to have on your own team but dislike as an opposition fan. How much did you get for him and is the money being wisely spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    How much did you get for him and is the money being wisely spent?
    Extra rent for the Ricoh?

Coventry fan was a normal poster compared to the others. Pre season started great with the signings but as it's gone on I think the questions over our left of defence, the centre midfield partnership and will Nolan play what we might see as our best team especially up front are unanswered yet. I'm not really bothered regarding the results as I've seen us do really well pre season before against teams and got relegated so we'll see. We should go up though if everything pans out as it should be this being Notts then who knows ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm not really bothered regarding the results as I've seen us do really well pre season before against teams and got relegated so we'll see.

Just had a look at the pre-season results for our worst season ever 1996/97 (twenty games without a win, finished with 35 points).
    We were unbeaten with victories against Crystal Palace and Boston and we also beat Fword that pre-season at their ground on pens in the County Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Just had a look at the pre-season results for our worst season ever 1996/97 (twenty games without a win, finished with 35 points).
    We were unbeaten with victories against Crystal Palace and Boston and we also beat Fword that pre-season at their ground on pens in the County Cup.
    Yeah I don't hold much stock in the results, a few years ago we played really well against Fenerbache who had Wesley sneijder and someone else top class with Fotheringham looking like Pirlo for us, look how that turned out. As long as KN uses the games to get the balance of the team right then that'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Yeah I don't hold much stock in the results, a few years ago we played really well against Fenerbache who had Wesley sneijder and someone else top class with Fotheringham looking like Pirlo for us, look how that turned out. As long as KN uses the games to get the balance of the team right then that'll do for me.
    Galatasary? Sneijder scored a belter and Galatasary fans were allowed pyro's!

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    How big a loss is McNulty to you? I was impressed by him in the play off games, always dangerous and the sort of player you like to have on your own team but dislike as an opposition fan. How much did you get for him and is the money being wisely spent?
    It’s a very big loss for us, he was a decent player, one of our best. He cost us nothing and we got aprox 1.2mill so all in I guess it’s good business but with SISU at the helm you can bet we won’t see any, or little of that reinvested into the team.
    Apparently we’re trying to get Connor Chaplin from Portsmouth.

Always takes a bit of time for the new signings to get settled so hopefully yours will settle quickly and you can kick on and get out of that league, you’re too big to be there. Fingers crossed you storm it this year!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Galatasary? Sneijder scored a belter and Galatasary fans were allowed pyro's!
    That was the one ha ha, I knew it was someone Turkish!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    He cost us nothing and we got aprox 1.2mill so all in I guess it’s good business but with SISU at the helm you can bet we won’t see any, or little of that reinvested into the team.
    TBH I thought you might have got more for him than that.

I'd forgotten how dire the SISU situation is but this article from the Independent is a stark refresher.
    (Apologies if it doesn't work, its the first time I've tried to paste a link). https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8144561.html

It's a reminder how much better off we are now that AH is our owner, after our own period of mismanagement and disillusionment, that was extreme even by Notts' normal standards. Even though some of your fans were real nobs on here around the play-offs, I hope that you have a successful season that sees you moving closer to a SISU exit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast