+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pre Season

Hey guys n gals. How’s things going with you lot this pre season? Any good signings? What’s the feeling for the season pre kick off?

We are gonna smash League 2 up and swap with you boys come May 2019

Oh god they're back!

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Hey guys n gals. How’s things going with you lot this pre season? Any good signings? What’s the feeling for the season pre kick off?
    All of our pre-season plans have been based on trying to be half as good as Coventry.

If we can manage that, even bent officials won't stop us storming the division.

Ffs what is it with you lot? I always posted respectful and spoke about my affection towards County yet when I try to ask a simple question all the smart arses come out! We were not great, we did just about enough and got some very dodgy decisions but then we all do over a season.
    I was genuinely wondering how it was looking, I’d love you to get promoted and if we can stay up look forward to returning to your fine ground, a proper football stadium, not the modern, soulless bowls that so many have now days.

Ffs what is it with you lot? I always posted respectful and spoke about my affection towards County yet when I try to ask a simple question all the smart arses come out! We were not great, we did just about enough and got some very dodgy decisions but then we all do over a season.
    I was genuinely wondering how it was looking, I’d love you to get promoted and if we can stay up look forward to returning to your fine ground, a proper football stadium, not the modern, soulless bowls that so many have now days.
    I'm afraid you're suffering from the rest of your fans who came on here, overall as a group they didn't exactly endear themselves to us. I can't really remember individual usernames, but my hazy memory seems to recall that you were one of those who only gloated on a very mild scale, so apologies for lumping you with the rest. To answer your question, the feeling is that our signings are better than usual, and optimism is generally quite high. Probably the case at 90% of clubs though.

From memory you seemed to be pretty fair when posting on here, unfortunately there were many that just came on to wind us up.

We appear to have made some good attack minded signings, however we will still end up with Duffy as captain and Stead on his own up front so knowing us we will probably miss out in play offs to Mansfailed.

On paper we've significantly improved the forward line, added to midfield potential (but may not have the essential ball winner) and haven't touched our back line. There is plenty of optimism but we've been here before so ask again in the middle of October to see how the season has started.

How big a loss is McNulty to you? I was impressed by him in the play off games, always dangerous and the sort of player you like to have on your own team but dislike as an opposition fan. How much did you get for him and is the money being wisely spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    How much did you get for him and is the money being wisely spent?
    Extra rent for the Ricoh?

All the smart arses come out regardless mate, lots of this board spend half it’s time falling out. I wouldn’t expect a straight answer to be fair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast