+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: It's back, it won't go away.

Those terms and words are beyond my comprehension sinkov. No excuses, horrible expressions, the clown needs a visit from his local bizzies and I hope they do a "Tommy Robinson" and have this lunatic in jail by Monday.

I don't know BT, one is trying to expose child molesters, rapists, and perverts, prison seems to be the right place for him, the other is is a rabid anti-semite, the Labour Party seems to be the right place for him. God's in his heaven and all's well with the world.

It is incredible that the Labour party is being brought to its knees by words and not actions.

The IRHA definition of anti-Semitism is fatally flawed and most neutral observers agree on that, but vile anti Jewish sentiments expressed by this Labour Councillor are in my opinion worthy of a custodial sentence. The bloke should already be in police custody. No excuses, no need for a suspension, no need for an investigation by the NEC, just ban the member from the Party sine die and hand the file over to the police. End of.

BT, what other organisations, political parties or indivuduals outside of the Labour Party refuse to accept the IRHA definition of anti-semitism ? I honestly don't know, maybe others have a problem with it as well. Does Labour stand alone on this, if so it would be a damning indictment, or if it is not alone, it would be interesting to know who also refuses to accept it, and why.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    BT, what other organisations, political parties or indivuduals outside of the Labour Party refuse to accept the IRHA definition of anti-semitism ? I honestly don't know, maybe others have a problem with it as well. Does Labour stand alone on this, if so it would be a damning indictment, or if it is not alone, it would be interesting to know who also refuses to accept it, and why.
    The problem the Labour Party have is the ambivalence of the wording but a caveat could be inserted that says it is absolutely not anti-Jewish to criticize the state of Israel for reducing the Arab population to second class citizenship or its treatment of the Palestinians.

Corbyn IMHO is not listening to the anger within the British Jewish community or indeed his own Jewish MP's. Ignoring this problem will not make it go away. Corbyn needs to do two things and PDQ: he needs to explain to the British electorate the exact reason why the NEC will not accept the IHRA definition of anti-Semitism and formulate a firm exit strategy to leave the EU.

Unless he does both, firmly and quickly, this lame duck of a Tory Government will continue to take us nowhere fast. If Corbyn is incapable of doing this he needs to step down and let someone else take the helm. I am personally very unhappy about being branded anti-Jewish simply because I am an active member of the Labour Party.

Conflating anti-Jewishness with anti-Semitism (whatever that means?) is plainly wrong, but Corbyn is so stubborn on this issue I have to wonder if it really is the state of Israel he has a huge problem with. I think therein lies the problem.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 28-07-2018 at 10:09 AM.

I am a town councillor. I used to be a borough councillor (Rossendale).

I have been, and continue to be, very critical of the actions of the Israeli State in some of their actions - particularly in relation to Palestine.

I have never been branded as anti-semite because I am certainly not. I have also been critical of some of the actions of the USA, Russia and the UK. This does not mean that I hate Americans, Russians, the British or Israelis.

If you, me, members of the Labour Party or anyone express criticism of the action of these Governments then there is nothing to fear. - even with the IRHA definition.

My party, and most other bodies, are happy to work within the IRHA definition and to speak their minds when they think something is wrong. And many people/bodies do.

I really cannot get my head round why Labour uniquely feels the need to draft their own definition of anti-semitism.

BT, both you and me have been critical of Israeli action...but we have not been anti-semitic about it and we have not had the police knocking on our door.
    If this ever happened then the Labour Party would have a point.
    But it hasn't and they don't.

So this leaves the Labour Parties motives hanging under a cloud.

This anti-Semitism dialogue is really disturbing me 1959-60. I understand why the Labour Party will not kowtow to the state of Israel propaganda machine, but I honestly feel the NEC hierarchy are not in touch with the depth of feeling the Nazi inspired Holocaust creates.

It is only 75 years ago the Jews of Europe were being exterminated on an industrial scale and I think Corbyn needs to wake up pretty soon and smell the coffee, I really do! I have a long held hatred of racism in any shape or form, I believe in equal rights for every person on this planet and I will not be associated with any political party that is not all inclusive, that's why I vote Labour. The NEC needs to be explicit in its denial of any sort of bias against Jews or myself and a lot of others will be leaving the Labour Party.

The bottom line BT, as you no doubt realise, is that this refusal can be taken by political opponents as an attempt to give anti-semites somewhere to hide in the Labour Party. And if you give your opponents a penalty kick on a regular basis, they'll smack it into the back of the net on a regular basis. It's clear I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but they really do need to chuck that shovel away, and start filling the hole in.
    Last edited by sinkov; 28-07-2018 at 12:06 PM.

I could not agree more sinkov.

I'm very happy you have recognised this now BT.

Recently you were telling us that their was no problem with anti-semitic behaviour in the Labour Party and that is was a few Labour MP's and Israeli pressure groups that were trying to oust Jeremy.

After Corbyn took the helm he attracted hundreds and thousands of new members to the party (good)

But...many of these were hard left activists who spotted the chance to radicalise the Labour Party (not good)

Many of these were very anti Israel to the point of being anti-semitic.

Now they have actually taken over the party.

And deep down BT, I think you know that too.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)