+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam Hird

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I would be more than happy to offer both a 2 year contract. We are going to need some experienced players over the next couple of seasons if we really do want to stay in the Championship and these two deffo fit that mould.

Yes I know age can mean a longer recovery time from injury but younguns can be out for quite a while too so IMHO I wouldn't worry about that to much.
    Fair comment, it's not as if we're overloaded with players over 30, still prefer the young uns though.
    Can't remember Jones apart from him coming through the Academy at Crewe. Must have seen him play at some time in his career.
    Wonder what's happened to Zak Vyner is he injured ??

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Haha, brilliant.
    “Good career with Liverpool & European football”
    Just how many times out of his two appearances for Liverpool did he have a good European career!
    @ Ilikecarling,
    Darren Potter played 9 times in Europe mainly in the qualifying rounds, made his debut aged 19 and yes he did get a medal although he didn't play in the Final, 2 League games in the Premier League which you mentioned and 15 Cup games, 5 Caps for Northern Ireland.
    Went on to win a Championship medal with Wolves.
    Much rather have DP..than DB.

Have a nice day, enjoy your Carling....

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Fair comment, it's not as if we're overloaded with players over 30, still prefer the young uns though.
    Can't remember Jones apart from him coming through the Academy at Crewe. Must have seen him play at some time in his career.
    Not sure what has happened to Vyner. Not really heard anything much since he came.

According to the Advertiser, Jones signed for us yesterday and he got a glowing reference from Matt Hamshaw.
    Nothing on the official site though ☹

BigLad, 12 month contract only for both players with an option for club and player.

Here's what Sam Hird was quoted saying back in January 2018 before Chesterfield decided to release him.
    " I'd like to think I've got another 5 yrs in the game if I keep myself fit, which I try to do, I try to keep my standards high. "

Once they're over 30 it takes longer to come back from any injuries, look at Darren Potter, he's had a good career with Liverpool in European football and hasn't had too many bad injuries in his career, signs for us and he's been missing for half a season, not his fault of course and he did look a decent player at our level.
    @ Ilikecarling,
    Darren Potter played 9 times in Europe mainly in the qualifying rounds, made his debut aged 19 and yes he did get a medal although he didn't play in the Final, 2 League games in the Premier League which you mentioned and 15 Cup games, 5 Caps for Northern Ireland.
    Went on to win a Championship medal with Wolves.
    Much rather have DP..than DB.

Have a nice day, enjoy your Carling....
    That’s some prestigious career that is....

I’d rather have young & hungry over potter & blackstock anyday.

I think Jones has played right, left and centreback but usually right back. Should be a good signing ability wise as long as he passes the Warney hunger/green tea test.

[QUOTE=mellowmiller;38950730
    Nothing on the official site though ☹[/QUOTE]

Signed him on a 2yr deal mellow.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    That’s some prestigious career that is....
    I’d rather have young & hungry over potter & blackstock anyday.
    So would I carling lad...so would I.
    If you can find a couple tell PW asap..

Prestigious.??
    We don't do prestigious do we ?

Heard a whisper that he's out for 3 months but as I said just a whisper …………………….

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post

Heard a whisper that he's out for 3 months but as I said just a whisper …………………….
    Item on Millerstime - Warney says that Hird was never a Millers target signing, but filled in for us because we were short of players for two fixtures on one day

Also said on Radio DeeDah that Vyner will probably miss first couple of league fixtures due to his injury, but it isn't as bad as first thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123