+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Hird

Sam Hird

Lined up at right back for Rotherham tonight against Sheffield FC.

Strange one this, released by a non league team, Chesterfield, would suggest there in no way he should be good enough for a Championship team !

Still only 30, so plenty of years left ? even stranger was that he played centre back second half and Ajayi played at right back !

Anyway not sure about him at right back but looked assured at centre, which still leaves us without a right back,anyway he looked a decent possibility and would come much cheaper than Dom Ball who is on a good wedge, hence the reason we are trying to get him off the wage bill.

This right back issue is looking increasingly weird

maybe it wasn't because of ability why he left chesterfield.
    his contract was out so maybe wanted a last pay day or play at a better level or just couldn't agree terms

We've been linked with ex Sunderland full back Billy Jones apparently.

Worrying we would be looking at Hird. Relegated from L2 last season. To me if he was playing at centre back then we are getting rid of Ihekwe.

Quote Originally Posted by ackworth miller View Post
    Worrying we would be looking at Hird. Relegated from L2 last season. To me if he was playing at centre back then we are getting rid of Ihekwe.
    Maybe not, perhaps our management team is looking to developing one of our existing players into a holding defensive midfielder

Think Hird would be decent at centre back. Right back is the weak spot. Pity Paul Hurst went to Ipswich because we might have got Emmanuel back then at least on loan. He will take some replacing i fear.

I would be very happy with both Billy Jones and Sam Hird.

Both have loads of experience (Jones in particular has Premiership experience)

Both will be looking to show that they are good players who were playing with not so good players and will be up for the challenge.

I think Jones is a free agent as well as Hird. Get em in Warney me owd mate.

UTM!

We need to know that they are good human beings first and foremost

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    We need to know that they are good human beings first and foremost
    ...and good with a barbeque

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast