+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Hird

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post

Both will be looking to show that they are good players who were playing with not so good players and will be up for the challenge.

UTM!
    Or both will be looking for a final pay day. Something we are good at providing.

Young with potential is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Or both will be looking for a final pay day. Something we are good at providing.

They are aged 30 and 31. Hardly looking for a last payday at that age. They both have a couple of years left in them before they get to that point.

Also it gives us time to find those young players who will fill those roles once they leave.

Will be good business in my eyes if we can get them to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post

Love this young with potential,how big is our budget 30mill,Old & a bit of potential cost 2mill plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Love this young with potential,how big is our budget 30mill,Old & a bit of potential cost 2mill plus.
    Exactly

Personally I would scrap the academy and use that money to fund a number of scouts touring the UK looking for the new talent.

How old was mr dexter b again?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Exactly

Personally I would scrap the academy and use that money to fund a number of scouts touring the UK looking for the new talent.
    The sad thing is Grist they already have scouts touring the UK, correction, they advertised a couple of years ago for scouts to work up in the North West but not sure if they had any takers.

Why not ask Alan Crawford to do some work for us, he's scouting for Burnley and working in the West Midlands atm.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 19-07-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    They are aged 30 and 31. Hardly looking for a last payday at that age. They both have a couple of years left in them before they get to that point.
    Also it gives us time to find those young players who will fill those roles once they leave.
    Will be good business in my eyes if we can get them to the club.
    BigLad, 12 month contract only for both players with an option for club and player.

Here's what Sam Hird was quoted saying back in January 2018 before Chesterfield decided to release him.
    " I'd like to think I've got another 5 yrs in the game if I keep myself fit, which I try to do, I try to keep my standards high. "

Once they're over 30 it takes longer to come back from any injuries, look at Darren Potter, he's had a good career with Liverpool in European football and hasn't had too many bad injuries in his career, signs for us and he's been missing for half a season, not his fault of course and he did look a decent player at our level.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 19-07-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    BigLad, 12 month contract only for both players with an option for club and player.

Here's what Sam Hird was quoted saying back in January 2018 before Chesterfield decided to release him.
    " I'd like to think I've got another 5 yrs in the game if I keep myself fit, which I try to do, I try to keep my standards high. "

Once they're over 30 it takes longer to come back from any injuries, look at Darren Potter, he's had a good career with Liverpool in European football and hasn't had too many bad injuries in his career, signs for us and he's been missing for half a season, not his fault of course and he did look a decent player at our level.
    Haha, brilliant.

“Good career with Liverpool & European football”

Just how many times out of his two appearances for Liverpool did he have a good European career!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Haha, brilliant.

“Good career with Liverpool & European football”

Just how many times out of his two appearances for Liverpool did he have a good European career!
    Did you play European football carling?..lol...
    I wonder if Darren Potter qualified for a medal for the few minutes he played in European football ?
    Do you have a medal in your trophy cabinet carling...lol..

Potter hasn't had too many major injuries in his career, maybe he won't play again for us.

Thanks for the reply.....
    Thanks for diving in..lol...

Don't forget to keep polishing those medals in your trophy cabinet...lol..
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 19-07-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

I would be more than happy to offer both a 2 year contract. We are going to need some experienced players over the next couple of seasons if we really do want to stay in the Championship and these two deffo fit that mold.

Yes I know age can mean a longer recovery time from injury but younguns can be out for quite a while too so IMHO I wouldn't worry about that to much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast