+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might as well stay in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    If we went down we wouldn't come back up.Even Championship clubs are spending more than us.
    Sadly i think this has a lot of truth in it.

Do you not think the worst thing to happen for our club was the TV deals getting bigger and bigger. Fatso would likely have sold by now if the figures stayed as they were 4/5 years ago, but he’s like a Great White Shark smelling blood when it comes to money and he’s thought ‘no matter what I’m sticking around to feed off it.’

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Do you not think the worst thing to happen for our club was the TV deals getting bigger and bigger. Fatso would likely have sold by now if the figures stayed as they were 4/5 years ago, but he’s like a Great White Shark smelling blood when it comes to money and he’s thought ‘no matter what I’m sticking around to feed off it.’
    I think TV deals getting bigger and bigger was probably bad for football full stop, not just us.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    When we went down we still sold out

I honestly would take 3-4 seasons in the fizZy

We would be forced to sell the deadwood Rafa can't shift

We would be forced to get our house in order

We might get a new owner , more probable than if we were in the prem

And then come back up

And the footy is miles better to watch

Prices less

Away atmosphere better

I hated the thought at first dropping into the Championship but the dead wood ( so called stars ) look to be on their bikes which is fantastic! Feck off Evans, Foster and Livermore, Rondon, Chadli, Dawson and McClean can do one too!

Even today in the Checka Trade ( or what the hell it's called ) we have Accrington and Blackpool so would rather have lots of banter and a piss up there than going to libraries like Man U and Arsenal! Atmosphere must better at matches too and hopefully we can **** on the Villa again!

I thought fatso was one of the richest guys in the country - what a knob!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Do you not think the worst thing to happen for our club was the TV deals getting bigger and bigger. Fatso would likely have sold by now if the figures stayed as they were 4/5 years ago but he’s like a Great White Shark smelling blood when it comes to money and he’s thought ‘no matter what I’m sticking around to feed off it.’

I'd liken him to a Remora fish. A parasite that feeds off the Great Whites efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I hated the thought at first dropping into the Championship but the dead wood ( so called stars ) look to be on their bikes which is fantastic! Feck off Evans, Foster and Livermore, Rondon, Chadli, Dawson and McClean can do one too!

Even today in the Checka Trade ( or what the hell it's called ) we have Accrington and Blackpool so would rather have lots of banter and a piss up there than going to libraries like Man U and Arsenal! Atmosphere must better at matches too and hopefully we can **** on the Villa again!

I thought fatso was one of the richest guys in the country - what a knob!
    Evening, Al.

As it goes, our two seasons in the Chimpo were two of our most enjoyable of the last decade. Obviously would have been different had we not gone up straight away but I look back on them fondly.

The Chimpo is more like the football we used to watch as kids, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I'd liken him to a Remora fish. A parasite that feeds off the Great Whites efforts.
    Do you not think he’s more like a big blob of Blue Whale spunk?

Blobfish (google it)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Evening, Al.

As it goes, our two seasons in the Chimpo were two of our most enjoyable of the last decade. Obviously would have been different had we not gone up straight away but I look back on them fondly.

The Chimpo is more like the football we used to watch as kids, imo.

Evening Zippity - actually looking forward to it now. Will miss coming to Newcastle but certainly won't miss the top six clubs of the Premier League and places like Liverpool! We just need some passion back in the club and think after the awful spells of Pulis and Pardew, Big Dave will do well as hugely liked.

Bit surprised at some of the anti Rafa posts on here, as for me, he did a great job in keeping you in the league last year, and no manager is perfect, especially working for that knob Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Evening Zippity - actually looking forward to it now. Will miss coming to Newcastle but certainly won't miss the top six clubs of the Premier League and places like Liverpool! We just need some passion back in the club and think after the awful spells of Pulis and Pardew, Big Dave will do well as hugely liked.

Bit surprised at some of the anti Rafa posts on here, as for me, he did a great job in keeping you in the league last year, and no manager is perfect, especially working for that knob Ashley!
    They're all from one poster, tbh (there was another but he's on a sabbatical). He's entitled to his opinion but, in everyone else's opinion, he's wrong!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)