+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There must be a better chance of signing Towell

There must be a better chance of signing Towell

Now that Brighton have signed Yves Bissouma

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Now that Brighton have signed Yves Bissouma
    Only slightly I think.

Last season we put him in the shop window, he played well and we kept him fit.

Chances of him being loaned to somebody else are probably higher.

Ditto Rodak

Don't think there is an issue with brighton letting him go its more to do with can we afford his wages. Our only hope is that nobody else comes in for him and they loan him out to us again. I think he said last year he didn't want to play in L1 again so that means a championship team. I would doubt there would be many championship teams after his services or be willing to pay the wages he is on at Brighton so that gives us a chance. The problem is Brighton are likely to leave it till the last min before they make a move with him. We will need someone in that role asap.

True, but we never do anything asap do we? It's always last minute or a bit after.

Last minute then no pre season. Take time to gel with team mates. Good excuse for 1 point from first 10 games 😂

I'm starting to enjoy these negative thoughts

I'll settle for a point. What negativity?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I'll settle for a point. What negativity?
    I've done two posts, both on the negative side of neutral. I feel great

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I've done two posts, both on the negative side of neutral. I feel great
    That's because they were on the positive side of utter despondency

I really hope we're not going to get bogged down with wages issues again or we'll end up becoming involved in long, drawn out sagas which probably won't have happy endings.
    If we're seriously trying to get Towell and Rodak back on loan it's not unreasonable that their clubs will expect us to pay a bigger proportion of their wages this season because we've been promoted.
    I know we have a budget to work to but I can't imagine we have many high earners in the squad at the moment so it would be slightly worrying if we can't afford to push the boat out a bit for key targets.

Rodak was all set to come back for the first day of pre season training but Fulhams number 1 keeper then got injured and they've now sold Button to Brighton meaning Rodak is their first choice atm hence why he's currently with them in France and has started both of their friendlies. Fulham are in the process of doing a deal for a new keeper once that's done rodak will come in. Sorry if that's already been pointed out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast