+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There must be a better chance of signing Towell

Heard its the money thats the issue with Towell, dont think we can afford the deal

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Heard its the money thats the issue with Towell, dont think we can afford the deal

Heard the same. 14k a week at Brighton. No chance we will pay that.
    I'd say half that would make him our top earner by some distance.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Heard the same. 14k a week at Brighton. No chance we will pay that.
    I'd say half that would make him our top earner by some distance.
    Where has that number come from? Because if it's true there's surely no way we would be trying to get him back.
    We have a tiny budget by Championship standards so there seems to be little point wasting time going after unrealistic targets. There must be lots of midfielders out there who would fit into our modest wage structure, of course, whether they will be good enough for the Championship is another matter.

It could be they may loan him back to us and split the wages again mellow if no one comes in to buy him permo. If he is on as much as that, i would doubt that anyone would come in to get him permo. Of course, they might loan him out to somebody else who may be willing to pay a bigger portion of his wages. personally, I think there is a decent chance of getting him back on loan but that could depend on how long Warne is willing to wait. Warne did say recently he is still on target for his prime targets and I would imagine Towell would be one of em along with Rodak.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It could be they may loan him back to us and split the wages again mellow if no one comes in to buy him permo. If he is on as much as that, i would doubt that anyone would come in to get him permo. Of course, they might loan him out to somebody else who may be willing to pay a bigger portion of his wages. personally, I think there is a decent chance of getting him back on loan but that could depend on how long Warne is willing to wait. Warne did say recently he is still on target for his prime targets and I would imagine Towell would be one of em along with Rodak.
    I doubt if we would pay as much as £7k a week but I guess there's plenty of clubs that would.
    I wonder what proportion of his wage we paid when we were in League 1?

Towell was good but is he worth £5-7k of Tony's money?
    mmmm....not convinced at all.

£14k at Brighton a week for a player who's hardly played any c'ship football. Unlikely. Very unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I doubt if we would pay as much as £7k a week but I guess there's plenty of clubs that would.
    I wonder what proportion of his wage we paid when we were in League 1?
    How much would you think Matt Derbyshire was on mellow ?

We're short on numbers that's for sure.
    Disappointed Richie Towell isn't back, can understand Marek Rodak not being here with the goalkeeper situation at Fulham.
    Maybe another club will come in for RT or he may want to fight for a place at Brighton, I would have thought if another club was going to buy him they would have done so now....
    mind you what do I know about football...in Paul Warne I trust... (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    How much would you think Matt Derbyshire was on mellow ?

We're short on numbers that's for sure.
    Disappointed Richie Towell isn't back, can understand Marek Rodak not being here with the goalkeeper situation at Fulham.
    Maybe another club will come in for RT or he may want to fight for a place at Brighton, I would have thought if another club was going to buy him they would have done so now....
    mind you what do I know about football...in Paul Warne I trust... (I hope)
    I've no idea how much Derbyshire was on, I don't claim to be "in the know" with things like that.
    You seem to be implying that he was on more than £7k per week (how do you know?) but even if he was, circumstances at the club were different then as there was a revolving door policy on players. There seems to be a more measured approach to recruitment nowadays.
    I like Towell and think he did well for us in League 1 but I'm not convinced he could be as effective in the Championship.
    If we really are considering paying someone £7k per week I would prefer it to be a permanent signing rather than a loan.
    Last edited by mellowmiller; 19-07-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12