+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Yates

Yates

Wasn't sure what would happen with this lad, this season.

After reading the friendly reports, he seems to have been a revelation at DCM and for a 19 year old, years above his station.

Karanka has made it known he likes him and I feel he won't be loaned out now.
    I can see him nursed into the middle of the park over the season.
    Another shining example of the youth policy at NFFC, with Brereton shining again for England.

Last week, I had a good conversation at the City hospital with a Notts fan, who was raving about Yates. Telling the old heads in that side what to do etc. He was devastated to lose him and feels he will captain Forest in the not to far future.
    Maybe the answer to this role was here all along and we can save a few million?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Wasn't sure what would happen with this lad, this season.

After reading the friendly reports, he seems to have been a revelation at DCM and for a 19 year old, years above his station.

Karanka has made it known he likes him and I feel he won't be loaned out now.
    I can see him nursed into the middle of the park over the season.
    Another shining example of the youth policy at NFFC, with Brereton shining again for England.

Last week, I had a good conversation at the City hospital with a Notts fan, who was raving about Yates. Telling the old heads in that side what to do etc. He was devastated to lose him and feels he will captain Forest in the not to far future.
    Maybe the answer to this role was here all along and we can save a few million?
    The Notts fan was right, he was different class for us and it was no coincidence our form dropped when he left for S****horpe.
    Best of luck to the lad. Mind you I hope his career really takes off somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The Notts fan was right, he was different class for us and it was no coincidence our form dropped when he left for S****horpe.
    Best of luck to the lad. Mind you I hope his career really takes off somewhere else
    lol, that's fair 61.
    I wish I'd have gone to see him now. I had planned to, but I fell ill.
    On the other forums, guys who have been in Spain watching are raving about him.
    If he turns out half as good as Roy keane, who exploded onto the scene at the same age. I'd be a very happy bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You have Vaughan. I think he's a good signing for you if you use him carefully. He can make that telling pass or 2 in a game.
    Anyway he's half the age of the average Notts fan so still a wee lad to you!

NB Tricky: Not surprised you met a Notts fan in hospital, that's the second most likely place to meet one after pension homes!

Impressed yesterday. May not go in loan after all. May have a role to play.
    How many of our youth have made the 1st team as regulars?
    Worrall (depends), Yates (maybe), the 2 Bens and Cash?
    Not a bad return.
    Brazil derserves a pay rise