+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Search for new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    TTT just out of curiosity how far into the season would you give him if things didn't improve? I'm giving him until 29/09 (Ross County, home) to prove that he can lead us up.
    Personally I'd give until the half way point of NEXT season. I don't think, regardless who our manager is, there is any chance we'll be promoted this season. Csaba's reign is really just staring now IMHO. After all that went on last season he was trying to do the job with one hand tied behind his back. He deserves a chance to do the job properly, longer term. I know this doesn't sit well with today's football fans but I think it'll be good for the club longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    This is all so reminiscent of previous displeasure with our managers where the supporters are so disenchanted that they wish the results to go so badly (3-0 down to Ayr at home) that sacking the manager is the only option. Well I hate to remind you but that strategy isn't working. So we get Neilson after Lazslo loses to Alloa & Elgin but then at Xmas we're 4th in the league 12 points behind Partick. But that should allow David Hopkin to come in for the 2nd half of the season & miss out on the play-offs. Easy to see where the club is shopping for managers, NEXT....
    I don't want results to go badly. I really want Csaba to succeed. 100% I would love that, for him personally and for us as fans.

The reason for my OP is that the evidence so far suggests that we're going to get similar results to what we got before under Csaba so it would be sensible to plan ahead for that eventuality. IMO that is good business sense. I do regret posting what was going round in my head though, given the Noddydog reply and what he said about negativity.

But............. 2/3 more signings might make it all different and we might see very different performances come the start of the league. I hope so.

(Btw if your theory above was correct, no club would ever change their manager. Ever.)

The word i heard is there is offers on the table of the players who we have earmarked and they "should" be in place before we are out this cup. But if last nights bench warmers are anything to go by, then we need a few more than 2 or 3!

Fyvie may be the catalyst, but we need to be off to a flyer for the first month of the league, not the second or 3rd month!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The word i heard is there is offers on the table of the players who we have earmarked and they "should" be in place before we are out this cup. But if last nights bench warmers are anything to go by, then we need a few more than 2 or 3!

Fyvie may be the catalyst, but we need to be off to a flyer for the first month of the league, not the second or 3rd month!
    Agree about the bench but i'm guessing we'll only be able to replace that horrific bench if they leave.

We need a winger with pace who will take players on and get a cross in the box, a competent centre half who can lead the back 4 and a target man. If we sign ****ing Mickelsen again then I'm giving up on this season, but sign a player like Scott Wright on loan then there's hope!

Everything that came out last year showed that it was a struggle for anyone. hes just signed a whole team squad and needs abit of time to get them "gelling together". the earliest he should be sacked is september imo. that allows him a good couple of games to show hes the man to take us forward.

I think we'll only be signing any other players if others leave tbh. looking at the squad we've got the numbers in most positions. agree we would be better getting another CB, creative player and a target man but the numbers just now suggest guys would have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Agree about the bench but i'm guessing we'll only be able to replace that horrific bench if they leave.

We need a winger with pace who will take players on and get a cross in the box, a competent centre half who can lead the back 4 and a target man. If we sign ****ing Mickelsen again then I'm giving up on this season, but sign a player like Scott Wright on loan then there's hope!
    no as if we have 3/4 wingers currently ? i agree they can be useless at times but id be surprised if we sign another out and out winger. unless someone leaves

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Everything that came out last year showed that it was a struggle for anyone. hes just signed a whole team squad and needs abit of time to get them "gelling together". the earliest he should be sacked is september imo. that allows him a good couple of games to show hes the man to take us forward.

I think we'll only be signing any other players if others leave tbh. looking at the squad we've got the numbers in most positions. agree we would be better getting another CB, creative player and a target man but the numbers just now suggest guys would have to leave.
    Agree that it'll be bodies out before bodies in RE any future transfers.

You seem a bit more forgiving than others currently RE the CL situation so I'll ask you this and would be interested in your answer.

Assuming we ship out 3 players in those key positions, for arguments sake, Scobbie/Edje, McMullan and Keatings - do you trust CL to identify players who are genuine improvements in each position?

FTD

Do you honestly think there Csaba players he picked, everyone has there own opinion and that's great, you want to hear others opinions . I don't think its a hope in hell there his players..Very few managers now even the best don't get to pick all the players..We are near broke, and he has had a disaster last 5 month the season..United are going to give near every penny we have left on trusting him....Reason more than anything what i think they will give him a few months and if things don't get any better he will be gone...The next manager comes in are going to be left with his players..Me i say not chance in hell they trust him.. I have seen a lot and a season ticket holder, and i think he really cares but proper and utter useless..I really hope i am wrong and he turns it around we need something good to happen very soon..First game the season we will see his intentions right from the word go..What i see he is more scared of losing a goal than he is of scoring ...He is such a negative manager..We will see first game if he has changed..My heart says not a chance in hell...

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post
    FTD

Do you honestly think there Csaba players he picked, everyone has there own opinion and that's great, you want to hear others opinions . I don't think its a hope in hell there his players..Very few managers now even the best don't get to pick all the players..We are near broke, and he has had a disaster last 5 month the season..United are going to give near every penny we have left on trusting him....Reason more than anything what i think they will give him a few months and if things don't get any better he will be gone...The next manager comes in are going to be left with his players..Me i say not chance in hell they trust him.. I have seen a lot and a season ticket holder, and i think he really cares but proper and utter useless..I really hope i am wrong and he turns it around we need something good to happen very soon..First game the season we will see his intentions right from the word go..What i see he is more scared of losing a goal than he is of scoring ...He is such a negative manager..We will see first game if he has changed..My heart says not a chance in hell...
    I'm not sure if I'm missing your point so apologies if I am.

You seem to be saying you don't think CL is signing the players? Even so you don't trust him and want him out?

I agree with the 2nd part wholeheartedly, but the first part (if I've got you right) I can't agree with.

Last season this excuse was trotted out a lot - not Csaba's signingsetc, but this season a huge song and dance has been made on emphasising that CL is the man identifying transfer targets and that's it. It's been made very clear by the BoD that Csaba is in charge of signings, transfer policy, training, 25 mile radius etc etc.

I look at CL's signings this season and I'm not filled with even a smidgen of confidence. Frans I think will turn out to be a good signing but beyond that I think our squad and new signings are a bit of a holocaust.

Again, apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick bud!

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Agree that it'll be bodies out before bodies in RE any future transfers.

You seem a bit more forgiving than others currently RE the CL situation so I'll ask you this and would be interested in your answer.

Assuming we ship out 3 players in those key positions, for arguments sake, Scobbie/Edje, McMullan and Keatings - do you trust CL to identify players who are genuine improvements in each position?
    dont get me wrong CL was poor last season for us. he made some huge errors and the performances were shocking. but i do think we should give him the chance with his own squad. chopping and changing doesnt seemed to have worked in the past so maybe showing abit of patience might work? certainly hope so. i dont think we should give too long tbh. september is my suggestion.

his signings so far from what ive seen dont look too bad tbh. so i think he can make the signings we need to improve the squad. ideally id prefer players we know so fans already have an idea of how they can fit into the team.

scobbie/edge are the two i think thatll get moved on. replaced hopefully by a CB a creative AM and a target man.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)