+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Search for new coach

Search for new coach

I hope the homework has already been done and we have someone already lined up to take over. Because it'll save a lot of time when we're 9 points behind ICT.
    Ideally someone who likes pace, width, aggression, attacking football with 2 strikers playing off each other.
    Someone the fans buy into and get behind straight away.
    Someone who gets the players fit and ready before competitive football starts would also be a plus.

Sorry Stoke but what a load of pish. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Sorry Stoke but what a load of pish. 🙂
    Just because you support the guy i dont describe what you write as pish. You are entitled to your opinion and i'm entitled to mine.

Of course, I wasn't suggesting for a minute you aren't.

Terry, you are gonna have to tell us why you think Shabba is the man for the job?

It does get a bit wearing though, the constant negative threads demanding Csaba’s head. I am sure most fans have doubts, but the board have given a strong vote of confidence and many of us are willing to accept that and give him a chance also. Constant bleating will do nothing to change that. All it can do is add to the general air of negativity/toxicity that surrounds the club at the moment.
    Keeping my silence isn’t about sticking my head in the sand, it is about giving CL every chance to succeed. People can argue that what happens on this board shouldn’t affect what happens on the pitch, but like it or not, I think it does.
    I agree everyone is entitled to their views, but a period of “vitriol truce” would be nice (in my opinion).
    Last edited by Noddydog; 18-07-2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Terry, you are gonna have to tell us why you think Shabba is the man for the job?
    Because stability and he had "a decent" record at Hearts 10 years ago...

....Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    It does get a bit wearing though, the constant negative threads demanding Csaba’s head. I am sure most fans have doubts, but the board have given a strong vote of confidence and many of us are willing to accept that and give him a chance also. Constant bleating will do nothing to change that. All it can do is add to the general air of negativity/toxicity that surrounds the club at the moment.
    Keeping my silence isn’t about sticking my head in the sand, it is about giving CL every chance to succeed. People can argue that what happens on this board shouldn’t affect what happens on the pitch, but like it or not, I think it does.
    I agree everyone is entitled to their views, but a period of “vitriol truce” would be nice (in my opinion).
    I'm probably seen as a negative fan at the moment but it's more concern. The football we've played so far and the players we've brought in concern me as I don't know how we are going to score goals and if players like Robson and Murdoch keep getting game time I also don't see how we are going to keep clean sheets. It's also hard for fathers with 2 kids (those that don't have season tickets) to spend £50+ every second week to watch some of the ****e Csaba's teams have produced.

I understand the need for stability and to try and build something but at the same time you've got to think about the fan who's taking 2 kids to Falkirk away, spent near £100 for the day out and watched a Paul Hartley, second bottom of the league, Falkirk side give your team 6 and still be upbeat that the man who managed that game (and many other horrific displays) is given our entire seasons budget.

I would love nothing more than for Csaba to prove me wrong.

United record from turn of the year...Played 26 won 9 drawn 7 lost 10..Goals 37 lost 37 ..With a record like that he sets his team not to lose and we are losing near second week..I have been to loads of games since he got the job, and the guy is pathetic and that is being kind..His tactics are mind blowing..How long do you give a guy that is useless..I will bet every penny i have he got that job on the promise he would get united promoted..I would not let that idiot run a cabbage patch...

I accept the frustration, I think we are all pretty frustrated. I think those of us willing to give it another chance are also willing to draw a veil over last season and accept the possibility (rightly or wrongly) that CL may not have been in full control of events then for whatever reason. He now has his own team coming together both on and off the park, so if there aren’t positive signs very quickly once the league season starts then there can be bo more excuses and I will at that point possibly be joining the calls for change. But until then I am willing to hold my peace.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)