+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Search for new coach

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Terry, you are gonna have to tell us why you think Shabba is the man for the job?
    Danny has it in a nutshell. If we were to get rid of Csaba how long does the next manager get? And so on and so forth. Something needs to change longer term and, thankfully, things are.

im under the impression that if we come to the end of september and are miles off it then CL will be gone. MM has already stated this im sure. his record last year wasnt great with some shocking results and performances so he needs to have a decent start this year to keep him in the job imo.

i see why people arent happy with the 2 games so far but its pretty obvious that we're not taking this seriously this year (rightly or wrongly) but what does matter is what happens once we start the serious stuff. if we're still playing like this with similar results then CL will be gone quick! a couple of the "useful" squad players havent been playing so once they return we might start to see more of a improved performance.

Patience is required just now imo.
    if things keep they way they've been he wont be here come september
    if he turns it around then great we might have a team challenging.

so wait till first 5/6 games of the season before any proper judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Danny has it in a nutshell. If we were to get rid of Csaba how long does the next manager get? And so on and so forth. Something needs to change longer term and, thankfully, things are.
    TTT just out of curiosity how far into the season would you give him if things didn't improve? I'm giving him until 29/09 (Ross County, home) to prove that he can lead us up.

If first game of the season Pars first corner and we have 11 in the box , that is as long as i am giving him..But he has been doing it from the min he took the job, no outlet, there is 4 or sometimes 5 going for the same ball some guys just looking, it is total and utter shambles to every corner..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    TTT just out of curiosity how far into the season would you give him if things didn't improve? I'm giving him until 29/09 (Ross County, home) to prove that he can lead us up.
    This ^^^^

My post wasn't trying to be negative just for the sake of it. Is it not wise to plan for the worst then Terry? Based on previous results we will end up in exactly the same position as before - chasing a playoff spot and casting round for a new manager. So for me it makes sense to plan ahead for what is likely to happen. I really want the guy to succeed, really do, but I'm just being realistic because it appears that even with the new players available we are still slow/poor/lacking pace/lacking width/slow in the buildup and still playing a rigid 4231.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    But that does not tell me why Shabba is the MAN for the job! I agree we need long term stability, but if i see that the need for stability looks like its gonna affect promotion, i like many, will vote with my feet and where does that leave the long term future of our club? Last seasons shambles seems to be starting where it left off!

I am that £50 patg person as mentioned above, although my son is already thinking of doing other things on a Saturday! Tell you what, me and my Dad will not be far behind!

I was willing to give Shabba a chance and not really bothered about something only one team will win, but if things dont change, ive got other things to do on a Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    It does get a bit wearing though, the constant negative threads demanding Csaba’s head. I am sure most fans have doubts, but the board have given a strong vote of confidence and many of us are willing to accept that and give him a chance also. Constant bleating will do nothing to change that. All it can do is add to the general air of negativity/toxicity that surrounds the club at the moment.
    Keeping my silence isn’t about sticking my head in the sand, it is about giving CL every chance to succeed. People can argue that what happens on this board shouldn’t affect what happens on the pitch, but like it or not, I think it does.
    I agree everyone is entitled to their views, but a period of “vitriol truce” would be nice (in my opinion).
    Great post Dawg. Just as a matter of interest why do you think what's said on here has an effect on what happens on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    It does get a bit wearing though, the constant negative threads demanding Csaba’s head. I am sure most fans have doubts, but the board have given a strong vote of confidence and many of us are willing to accept that and give him a chance also. Constant bleating will do nothing to change that. All it can do is add to the general air of negativity/toxicity that surrounds the club at the moment.
    Keeping my silence isn’t about sticking my head in the sand, it is about giving CL every chance to succeed. People can argue that what happens on this board shouldn’t affect what happens on the pitch, but like it or not, I think it does.
    I agree everyone is entitled to their views, but a period of “vitriol truce” would be nice (in my opinion).
    It's not negativity, it's concern.

If you factor in the boardroom machinations, the past few years financial results and the fact that every asset owned by the club is held in security it is glaringly obvious that we are at critical mass.

We are at breaking point now, as a club we simply cannot afford the patience and time people are advocating we give the manager - he's had 8 months in the job and has yet to inspire the tiniest sliver of faith in me that he has a clue what he's doing,, never mind that he's the man to lead us to promotion.

Even if we give him this patience and stability and he finally does crack it in 6-8 months time (I seriously doubt this) we'll be well out of a title race and staring down the barrel of another crippling season in the diddy league. We simply can't afford it this season. Get him out, get in someone who has done it at this level before and get us up!

Mike Martin should be chapping Hopkins door every morning - he took a limited side up last year, that is exactly what we have! He's a proven record at this level, is available for free and wouldn't cost the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post

I'll be honest, I think end of September is very generous, we can't keep changing manager in October /November

The change should have happened before they left the tony macaroni arena back in May, ie Csaba should have been sacked, this was the most important decision for MM

Unless he has a quick start like we had last season (ha ha yea right) then get him to feck, do what's right and get a competent manager in once and for all

CL wont last till then if results are poor. MM doesnt strike me as the sort of guy who would allow this to continue. hes allowing him some time currently but if things are looking bad and the fans arent behind the manager. MM will get rid earlier than what ST would imo.

i think hes got till september to prove he can get us playing decent stuff and win games. if not cheerio!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)