+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stags vs Derby

We caused Derby issues when we actually tried. First half was appalling, perhaps we were told to take it easy because of the heat? But when the youth team came on, it was an even match really. Can't really take much from friendly results, it's the performances that are important

Our 2nd half was excellent. Best fitness levels ive seen. We've now got pace throughout the team both wide and centrally. Tyler walker looks like it just needs to click. Lee Angol, Jacob Mellis, and Omari Sterling James look like players reborn. I was encpuraged. But it means nothing really.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Our 2nd half was excellent. Best fitness levels ive seen. We've now got pace throughout the team both wide and centrally. Tyler walker looks like it just needs to click. Lee Angol, Jacob Mellis, and Omari Sterling James look like players reborn. I was encpuraged. But it means nothing really.
    Hey up Stagsman!

Well you certainly got a better result against DCFC than we did! In the first half they just played round us as if we weren't there. In the second we were a bit better but not much. My main consolation is that every pre-season we do well in the friendlies, we have a bad season when it comes down to playing for 'real' i.e. for points.

I expect another tonking tomorrow against Leicester but who knows...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12