+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: £68 million!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    The debt was 70m when he bought it.He has doubled it to over 140m.Nobody else.Ashley has.Sooner he is gone the better.He has no intention of selling though.He is making too much money and getting an easy ride doing it.Sky,the local papers,all should be asking the questions of where the money is.
    He thought it would be @ 70 but it was 100 plus 140 purchase price is 240 mil
    We will be paying for his failed attempt to go up market with debinhams and house of fraser

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Aye “Shot Down in Flames” another www.talkshyte.com classic

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    He thought it would be @ 70 but it was 100 plus 140 purchase price is 240 mil
    We will be paying for his failed attempt to go up market with debinhams and house of fraser
    I am just quoting what the fat man himself said.He didn't know we had debt until the deal was too far done.The extra was what we owed on transfers at the time which didnt need paying in one go.He was on holiday and wanted the deal done asap as other parties where interested.Thats why this bullsh1t about him saving us doesn't wash with me.One of the others would have done a deal.Of that I have no doubt.We were a decent proposition back then.
    Our club is dying with him here.I just can't get excited about the new season.He has killed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    And people still think we can compete

We can't

The sooner some realise this then we won't keep getting threads regards ash sports direct and where the money has gone

We get 120 mill for the season
    They have just spent half that and more on a goalie

Still have wages for the rest of the squad to pay etc and other transfers

You can soon be a bankrupt billionaire trying to keep up with the joneses
    Liverpool didn't make that much more than us, plus they haven't exactly been regular Champions league participants, in the last decade a bit hit and miss seem a fair assumption.They were on the verge of bankruptcy in 2010/11.
    So could you explain to us thick Geordies, how the fu ck they can afford £68m on a goalie and we can't afford any fu cker...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)