+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT- BBC and Sir Cliff

OT- BBC and Sir Cliff

Not only will the BBC be using our licence fee money to pay the fine and their current legal bills, they intend to appeal which will cost us even more.

A bunch of freeloaders, let them earn their own income like other brodcasters do and then they can do what they want with their own money.

Scrap the licence fee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Not only will the BBC be using our licence fee money to pay the fine and their current legal bills, they intend to appeal which will cost us even more.

A bunch of freeloaders, let them earn their own income like other brodcasters do and then they can do what they want with their own money.

Scrap the licence fee!!
    It's a pity they didn't look a bit closer to home for monsters. For which they have never apologised and paid for with our money. Scummy organisation.

Scrap the licence fee!!
    But they make the one show, so all is well....

That’ll be nice pocket money for Cliff, I hear he’s going on his summer holidays with some bird called Carrie, who apparently doesn’t live with him anymore but walks and talks like a doll what’s alive!

Scrap the licence fee!!
    It beggars belief in this day and age that if people wish to own a TV to access the hundreds of channels now available on commercial or satellite platforms, they are still obliged to contribute to the funding of one particular broadcaster. To be fair, lots of people do express their anger about it, but nowhere near strongly enough.

The money should come from their world wide sales money, not the license fee. Why should we pay for them wanting to go tabloid?

I think the BBC is one of the few things Britain does that I'm proud of. Take the BBC off the broadcasting scene and watch the race for the bottom a la USA. We need a national broadcaster. It's not perfect but it remains the envy of the world media-wise.
    They may have got this one wrong (with Sir Cliff) but babies and bathwater come to mind.

How the BBC spends it's £5 billion it gets from the licence fee and commercial sales (2014).

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nce-fee-money/

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I think the BBC is one of the few things Britain does that I'm proud of. Take the BBC off the broadcasting scene and watch the race for the bottom a la USA. We need a national broadcaster. It's not perfect but it remains the envy of the world media-wise.
    They may have got this one wrong (with Sir Cliff) but babies and bathwater come to mind.
    Sid you still live in a 90s bubble - rewritten as "but it was the envy of the world media-wise".

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Quite right, sid. We don't need adverts interrupting programmes every ten minutes. Some of these breaks are followed by a resume of what we have just seen, presumably the attention levels of American audiences is not high and they need reminding of what they were watching two minutes ago.

Nor do we want British copies of the likes of CNN or Fox News, sponsored by Boots, or the Co-op, giving us their sparkling and sensational versions of the "news" dumbed down to the level of an American housewife.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast