+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT- BBC and Sir Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Alan Shearer earns over 400k a year. I have great respect for his playing career, one of the best English strikers in my lifetime, but as a pundit he offers very little. Close to half a million pounds out of licence payers money for his contribution is outrageous.
    Yes, I saw that. Appears to be on a lot more than Dan Walker who I rate as a presenter. He does BBC Breakfast, Football Focus and sometimes MOTD.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Ok so it's the same as here, Irish stations totally suck, like the ITV there is an add break every 10 minutes, not a single add break on the BBC which is why I actually enjoy watching programs on there.
    When I was in NZ Irish we are watching a film and adverts appear every 5 to 7 minutes, sometimes the programme as only a couple of minutes left to view. It drove me mad.

BBC sought leave to appeal with our money, Judge rejected the application.

They can still take it to the appeal court, somehow, as it's not their own, hard earned money, I have a feeling they will.

Would they be so keen if they had to raise their own funds like other business does?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 26-07-2018 at 01:50 PM.

BBC ordered to pay towards Cliffs legal bill and it's 850 grand, on top of 200 grand damages.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    BBC ordered to pay towards Cliffs legal bill and it's 850 grand, on top of 200 grand damages.
    A million quid of our money gone, before they embark on an expensive appeal, should be illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    A million quid of our money gone, before they embark on an expensive appeal, should be illegal!
    Judge ruled there is no appeal.
    The costs are 1.5 million though.

Maybe Lineker will donate 6 months salary as well as housing a dozen migrants?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Judge ruled there is no appeal.
    The costs are 1.5 million though.

Maybe Lineker will donate 6 months salary as well as housing a dozen migrants?
    They can go to appeal court

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123