+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bid rejected

bid rejected

according to hitc rotherham and Peterborough have had bids for Accrington Stanley striker kayden Jackson rejected.

Ipswich and Preston are also apparently interested .

Bradfud lad 24yrs but nothing in his CV,one good season in 4th division.I would think if Preston,Ipswich are interested two big clubs count us out.

welovebooth / Lolmorgan,
    If it's the same Kayden Jackson he came out of non-league.
    Paul Heckingbottom signed him for Barnsley from Wrexham.

Here's what Paul Heckingbottom said about him.

" We're really thrilled to have had Kayden choose us over other clubs. He has pace to burn, likes to get at at defenders and will fit nicely to the way we play. He has brilliant potential and we're excited to have him on board. "

Not sure I think it was around the time Barnsley were in League 1 and heading for the Championship. Don't think he played a game for Barnsley and moved on. Not sure it's the same player though.

How much does one pay for a lad that scored 16 goals for Accrington last season ?
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 19-07-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    welovebooth / Lolmorgan,
    If it's the same Kayden Jackson he came out of non-league.
    Paul Heckingbottom signed him for Barnsley from Wrexham.

Here's what Paul Heckingbottom said about him.

" We're really thrilled to have had Kayden choose us over other clubs. He has pace to burn, likes to get at at defenders and will fit nicely to the way we play. He has brilliant potential and we're excited to have him on board. "

Not sure I think it was around the time Barnsley were in League 1 and heading for the Championship. Don't think he played a game for Barnsley and moved on. Not sure it's the same player though.

How much does one pay for a lad that scored 16 goals for Accrington last season ?
    It is mate,strange for Heckingbottom to say that then never play him.I would like to know how much he's worth after one good season & a lot of wasted seasons at the look of things.

apparently they want over a million for him.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    If that's the case forget it and walk away.
    I think Barnsley signed him on an undisclosed fee.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    ...and I hope Accie get that much for him but not from us.
    If any club deserves a big pay day and the chance to wheel and deal it's them
    Last edited by flourbasher; 19-07-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Never saw the lad play as he was well down the pecking order at Oakwell at that time .

16 goals in league two is a decent return but it's not over a million pound territory in my opinion given Tom Bradshaw was a 26 goal league one striker @ £650k .

He's £500k tops and a gamble at that given he's jumping in real terms two divisions .

In 50 years watching my club we've only given away one player who made us look like idiots and that was David Speedie in 1981 .

Derby County and WBA may want to gamble at that kind of money on Kayden but I'd suggest RUFC may need a bit more to go on .

Right territory to shop in but way too much financially in my opinion .

Looking at the situation logically, he can't be worth anywhere near as much as Barnsley paid for Kieffer Moore, so who would shell out £1 million for Jackson?
    Nobody
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-07-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Maybe they don’t want to sell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast