+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's happening to the Academy?

What's happening to the Academy?

Does anyone know what is happening to our Academy? Youth coach departs, Academy Manager departs, Goalkeeping coach departs. Allegedly dreadful results in the last audit? Alan Hardy puts up a wall of silence, stop papering over the cracks and let the worried parents know what's going on.

Perhaps there is some restructuring going on.
    The first team has been troubled with academy players coming through the system over the years is it.
    I suppose this is in itself a testament to its failure and needs a clean sweep ?
    just my thoughts as I don't know what goes on with the academy set up but I suppose the proof is in the pudding as they say ?

It seems to me Alan Hardy just papers over the cracks with it. There are some talented players emerging that have been there since they were 9. Howes, Kennedy Williams, Dong Da, Culverwell. My boy didn't make the grade but it was an excellent place to at a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    It seems to me Alan Hardy just papers over the cracks with it. There are some talented players emerging that have been there since they were 9. Howes, Kennedy Williams, Dong Da, Culverwell. My boy didn't make the grade but it was an excellent place to at a few years back.
    How many years back? Last decent player to come through was Heffernan and that was nearly 20 years ago. Since then it has been dross. Thompson was Okish but not really great

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    How many years back? Last decent player to come through was Heffernan and that was nearly 20 years ago. Since then it has been dross. Thompson was Okish but not really great
    Pretty sure we signed Heff from a club in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    Pretty sure we signed Heff from a club in Ireland.
    You're right, he came in as an 18/19 year old, that's probably why I thought he was from the youth team. So question is, when actually was the last decent player to come through? Are we talking Matt Redmile? Or even earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You're right, he came in as an 18/19 year old, that's probably why I thought he was from the youth team. So question is, when actually was the last decent player to come through? Are we talking Matt Redmile? Or even earlier?
    Actually, Pennant you could argue would be 98 although he never lived up to his potential, he did play for Arsenal and Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Does anyone know what is happening to our Academy? Youth coach departs, Academy Manager departs, Goalkeeping coach departs. Allegedly dreadful results in the last audit? Alan Hardy puts up a wall of silence, stop papering over the cracks and let the worried parents know what's going on.
    Sorry to hear your son/grandson/nephew was released, maybe he wasnt good enough, and its not a personal attack from AH or the club.

McGoldrick, Leon Best and the kid who Trew sold to Liverpool before he jumped ship so to speak...

No he wasn't good enough and I accept that without issue and Pravda you are right, young Jack Bearne was sold to Liverpool for good money, he is a superb talent. All I can say is the Academy was run in an excellent way before with many ex players coaching Fairclough, Davis, McCulloch, Gallagher and the atmosphere was great. This is not a personal attack on AH I just want to know why the place is in such a mess but he doesn't seem to want to answer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast