+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    What gives you this unfounded confidence in our defence?
    Surely they will be able to keep a clean sheet against the likes of Livingston and St Mirren.

Ok, 3 or 4 0-0s

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I expect there will be a fair amount of 0-0 draws at Pittodrie this season.
    If there is a quite a few 0-0 results I will personally blame Forrester. McInnes stated he has the ability to make the difference in these matches...so over to you Chris.

Good luck to Rooney. Instrumental in Aberdeen FC's recent successes. Best striker since Shearer.
    Not being replaced either.
    WTF.

Every manager seems to bang on about getting a natural goalscorer in " they don't grow on trees" apparently.
    If you have a guy like Rooney you build your attack round his needs and wants, give him chances and he'll score.
    Del's been wanting shot of him for a while it seems very, very strange.
    All the best Bud, it seems 5 minutes ago there was serious chat about you breaking Joey's record.
    With the right boys around you, you would've.

Enjoy your time with the North West of England hipsters.

Sorry to see Adam go but I think its the right time and best of luck to him at Salford
    I read his interview on the AFC webpage.
    What a genuine good guy he is. He clearly loves the club, the city and the North East and admits its a wrench to leave.
    He did exactly what we brought him to the club to do - score goals.
    He can be proud of his time at the club and we will miss him.
    In my time of watching the Dons , only Joe Harper, Duncan Shearer gave me the same type of buzz, he could do nothing for 89 minutes but then score and that's all that matters.
    Most of us appreciated his efforts and the sound of Rooney, Rooney, Rooney reverberating and stadiums across Scotland will be missed
    Best wishes Adam hope the move goes well

As for us , I hope the undisclosed fee goes some way to bringing in a decent striker as I don't see anyone upfront at the moment capable of scoring on the same frequency of Adam.

From what I've read it sounds like he's been offered huge wages at his new club. At his age (30), I can't see him having too many seasons left, so last chance to top up his pension.
    Fair play to him - I'd do the same in his position. Hope he does well, and could see him becoming a Salford legend too in that league!

Sh1te for us and the position it's left us in, but you can't have an unhappy player because he's missed out on a final payday. Hopefully we'll get a decent replacement in

He wasn't getting a game anyway.

If we got close to the £375-400k being quoted then I'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Sorry to see Adam go but I think its the right time and best of luck to him at Salford
    I read his interview on the AFC webpage.
    What a genuine good guy he is. He clearly loves the club, the city and the North East and admits its a wrench to leave.
    He did exactly what we brought him to the club to do - score goals.
    He can be proud of his time at the club and we will miss him.
    In my time of watching the Dons , only Joe Harper, Duncan Shearer gave me the same type of buzz, he could do nothing for 89 minutes but then score and that's all that matters.
    Most of us appreciated his efforts and the sound of Rooney, Rooney, Rooney reverberating and stadiums across Scotland will be missed
    Best wishes Adam hope the move goes well

As for us , I hope the undisclosed fee goes some way to bringing in a decent striker as I don't see anyone upfront at the moment capable of scoring on the same frequency of Adam.
    You’re old enough to have seen Joey Harper...
    Yet you say Rooney gave you more of a buzz than McGhee, Black, McDougall, Nicholas, Gilhaus & Jess?

Adam Rooney was a brilliant signing, just find that a little odd.

Each to their own I suppose

Reading Del's comments it sounds like Rooney's got a contract offer that he'd never get anywhere else at this time of life.

Fair play to him, if he's pulled n a 3 year contract at the numbers quoted at 30 year old that's a result.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast