+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adam Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Reading Del's comments it sounds like Rooney's got a contract offer that he'd never get anywhere else at this time of life.

Fair play to him, if he's pulled n a 3 year contract at the numbers quoted at 30 year old that's a result.
    Supposedly a decent 3 year deal offered to him and as others have said he wasn’t getting much game time for us anyway under McInnes recently and that wasn’t going to change.
    He was very good for us played in his natural position as striker and gave us quite a few goals in return.
    He plays in guffland now though for a no mark team so f@ck him if he ever comes up against us somehow.

Word is we got £350K from Salford for Adam Rooney. What a fuucking result!

Said it during last season ... thanks for the goals Adam but you can go anytime you want. Good Luck at Salford, min.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Word is we got £350K from Salford for Adam Rooney. What a fuucking result!

Said it during last season ... thanks for the goals Adam but you can go anytime you want. Good Luck at Salford, min.
    350k is good for us I suppose, but we play Burnley next week, and I don’t see Cosgrove being the goal scorer Rooney was... i would take Moult though proven goal scorer in SPL, I think wages could be the stumbling block though. Whoever we get even if we do get a replacement willl have no impact in this tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrab1903 View Post
    350k is good for us I suppose, but we play Burnley next week, and I don’t see Cosgrove being the goal scorer Rooney was... i would take Moult though proven goal scorer in SPL, I think wages could be the stumbling block though. Whoever we get even if we do get a replacement willl have no impact in this tie.
    Think we need to forget Moult.
    Doubt he’ll be coming to Pittodrie.
    He was picked to play against West Ham today.
    He has worked his backside off at lower leagues in England & Motherwell to earn his big contract of £8-£10k per week.
    He’s only been there 6 months.
    He’s not going to give that up any time soon.

I would have to agree with you,there is very little chance Moult will end up here which makes the decision to let our only goal scorer leave insane.

Fair enough if we knew Moult could be signed but if he isn’t then Rooney should have been kept.

Personally I thought it was poor from McInnes saying he didn’t want Rooney to leave,as has been said by others our manager has been trying to replace him since Goodwillie in 2015 and Rooney finally had enough so decided to move on.

Now we are left with 2 strikers who look like they will be lucky if they score 10 goals between them and probably sign a striker who is unproven up here.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would have to agree with you,there is very little chance Moult will end up here which makes the decision to let our only goal scorer leave insane.

Fair enough if we knew Moult could be signed but if he isn’t then Rooney should have been kept.

Personally I thought it was poor from McInnes saying he didn’t want Rooney to leave,as has been said by others our manager has been trying to replace him since Goodwillie in 2015 and Rooney finally had enough so decided to move on.

Now we are left with 2 strikers who look like they will be lucky if they score 10 goals between them and probably sign a striker who is unproven up here.
    I think the Rooney deal wasn’t a bad one for the club.... IF we sign a good replacement.

I’ll reserve judgment until I see who comes in.

I doubt it’ll be Moult (or Marquis either).

I’ll say it’ll be a loan & someone we know little about

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think the Rooney deal wasn’t a bad one for the club.... IF we sign a good replacement.

I’ll reserve judgment until I see who comes in.

I doubt it’ll be Moult (or Marquis either).

I’ll say it’ll be a loan & someone we know little about
    The Rooney deal would be a good deal IF we signed a good replacement but I don’t think we will sign a good replacement.

I hope I am proved wrong.

The Rooney deal would be a good deal IF we signed a good replacement but I don’t think we will sign a good replacement.

I hope I am proved wrong.
    Probably right.

Rooney leaving is no big deal. Getting £350k + for him makes it a very good deal for Aberdeen. Rooney was great for Aberdeen for his first three seasons when he had McGinn & Hayes providing him with top notch service. Even Darren "couldn't hit a barn door" Mackie would have got close to 20 goals with that level of service.

Losing those two not only hampered Aberdeen but it also hampered Rooney too as he suddenly had to work outside the box which isn't his strength, he had to try and win long balls, again not his strength. That is why May, Stockley etc were preferred to try and give us a presence and a foothold in attack.

Rooney was also losing pace, in all honesty I believe we've moved Adam Rooney on at the correct time, both for us and for himself. He's been a wonderful servant for the club and he's moved onto a bigger pay cheque and a new challenge. I wish him nothing but success.

Replacement wise, who knows but I agree it won't be Moult unless on a season long long deal.

Another minor thing, that's the last of the Inverness cup final penalty scorers gone now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234