+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Derrys Walls

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    A couple of years ago my MP Brendan O’Hara who is a Tim wax banging on about the raw deal that women were getting with the equalisation of the state pension age at 65. I emailed him and told him that men who previously would have received their heating allowance when they reached the age of 60 were also being penalised with the state pension age increasing to 65.
    His reply to me was that I was the first person to have contacted him on this subject and I should set up my own petition. News takes a while to reach Argyll and Bute even in the 21st century because the locals are too busy flapping about ferries.
    There are people (not many) who suggest that men should get their pension younger than women due to life expectancy.

It would be hard to implement giving the continual blurring of lines between male and female though.

Another train of thought is to give people the option of taking a higher pension earlier and reducing.......controversial but it wouldn't half boost the economy instead of having people in their late eighties and nineties with thousands in bank accts with nothing to spend it on.

I was once told by a very high ranking pension adviser to various governments that "they just can't grasp it" and "they change their mind over the course of a few months".

He also told me a govt minister (not named) was most upset when there pension scheme was proposed to go from a 40th scheme to a 30th scheme which was more beneficial.

He/she thought they were getting hard done by and at first refused to believe most folk had to make do with 60th or 80th schemes if they were lucky enuf to have them at all.

jeez when you read what the German and French get pension wise compared with the uk
    then there mustv been some pretty incompetent people within ump**** governments

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    jeez when you read what the German and French get pension wise compared with the uk
    The Greeks had it pretty guid until they went bust.....still got the sun though.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Why do you think most people become politicians because they are hopeless at doing normal jobs and they think that they will be better employed as an MP or MSP.
    My recent dealings with Chris Law and Brendan O’Hara does not give me much hope for the rest of the motley bunch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)