+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Derrys Walls

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Difference being most of todays pensioners have paid into the pot throughout their working lives,god knows what will happen in 20/30 years time when todays drug problem people start drawing their pension after very very little contribution into the pot,if they live that long
    Their is no ‘pot’.

State pensions have always been paid out of current revenues.

i read yesterday that the tories and labour for the last 30 odd years have wiped out £79Billion yes Billion from the pension fund and there was references to waspi within that statement.

Kinda expected from the tories but Blair/Brown should hang their heads in shame

when you left school you knew your retirement age and now the powers that be "just move the goalposts!" might spend a wee time looking on line for more info on waspi and how any legal challenge have panned out
    People are now living a lot longer than they used to hence the reason that the retirement age had to be increased.
    Women for years have been shouting about getting equality but when they have equality with men for the age that they receive their old age pension they do not want equality.
    Too bad how sad!
    Gordon Brown is the person to blame for the company pension schemes now having a deficit as he stopped the tax credit on dividends being paid out to company pension schemes and non taxpayers to give him money for his ‘pet projects’. Do not get me started about Gordon Brown stopping Profit Sharing schemes and bringing in a bonus culture. In my opinion Gordon Brown was the cause of the banking crisis in 2008 but he will never admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Their is no ‘pot’.

State pensions have always been paid out of current revenues.
    Correct.

But people that have paid into contracted out pension schemes have been shafted by new flat rate pension.

Govt ( of all colours) have been very deceitful.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Correct.

But people that have paid into contracted out pension schemes have been shafted by new flat rate pension.

Govt ( of all colours) have been very deceitful.
    My wife was due her pension when she was 60,( born after April 1953 ), she will be 65 this year and still waiting on her pension, also has over40 years qualifying.
    I was due to retire at 65, but worked on to 68 because,she did not get her pension.
    When she does get her state pension, it will be at the lower rate because she was contracted out.
    It's just theft on a grand scale

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    My wife was due her pension when she was 60,( born after April 1953 ), she will be 65 this year and still waiting on her pension, also has over40 years qualifying.
    I was due to retire at 65, but worked on to 68 because,she did not get her pension.
    When she does get her state pension, it will be at the lower rate because she was contracted out.
    It's just theft on a grand scale
    See the problem is most people are oblivious UNTIL it effects them.

See the problem is most people are oblivious UNTIL it effects them.
    That's because you plan ahead, then the goalposts are moved, and you have no time left, to do anything about it, unless you keep working, I know people older than me who are still working.

Difference being most of todays pensioners have paid into the pot throughout their working lives,god knows what will happen in 20/30 years time when todays drug problem people start drawing their pension after very very little contribution into the pot,if they live that long
    Think that is the problem. Not enough money has been collected. Governments have failed to fund pensions so that what is being offered today in pensions is having to pay the pensions for those already in receipt of pensions and what's left is being divided among the new pensioners. The rules have been changed. Private firms no longer offer final salary pension schemes, the state sector still has access to this, and it isn't being funded.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    That's because you plan ahead, then the goalposts are moved, and you have no time left, to do anything about it, unless you keep working, I know people older than me who are still working.
    Nobody on the planet planned further ahead than me Deecom.

I was lucky to be able to pack up at 46 and enjoy life but the state pension annoys me greatly.

The waspi thing I have less time for as just as Islay says this should have been equalised decades ago but as it's a "women's issue" all the politicians jump on the bandwagon.

When it comes to pensions and welfare most politicians do not have a Scooby.

Ruth Davidson admitted to me on live radio she did not know how much the carers allowance was BUT was happy to see it cut.

How can you be "happy" to cut something if you have no idea how much it is?

And she's ( an outside bet admittedly) a potential future 1st minister of Scotland or prime minister of the UK.

I was lucky to be able to pack up at 46 and enjoy life but the state pension annoys me greatly.

The waspi thing I have less time for as just as Islay says this should have been equalised decades ago but as it's a "women's issue" all the politicians jump on the bandwagon.

Ruth Davidson admitted to me on live radio she did not know how much the carers allowance was BUT was happy to see it cut.

And she's ( an outside bet admittedly) a potential future 1st minister of Scotland or prime minister of the UK.
    A couple of years ago my MP Brendan O’Hara who is a Tim wax banging on about the raw deal that women were getting with the equalisation of the state pension age at 65. I emailed him and told him that men who previously would have received their heating allowance when they reached the age of 60 were also being penalised with the state pension age increasing to 65.
    His reply to me was that I was the first person to have contacted him on this subject and I should set up my own petition. News takes a while to reach Argyll and Bute even in the 21st century because the locals are too busy flapping about ferries.

A couple of years ago my MP Brendan O’Hara who is a Tim was banging on about the raw deal women were getting with the equalisation of the state pension age at 65.
    I emailed him and told him that men who were expecting to get their heating allowance when they became 60 were having to wait longer due to the state pension age increasing to 65.
    He replied that I was the first person to contact him on this subject and he gave me details of how to set up my own petition.
    No chance of him raising my concerns with the Pensions minister at the House of Commons.
    News takes a long time to reach Argyll and Bute even in the 21st century as the locals are too busy flapping about ferries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)