+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fao islay

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    1983 to keep you right, maybe you left school in 89 but no me
    You were runner up 83-88....think Busby won it those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    New rules will help slow play.
    What are the new rules.
    In my opinion the only way to stop slow play is to hit the slow players in both professional and amateur golf competitions by giving them a penalty of two strokes for slow play.
    Everybody knows who the slow golfers are in their local golf club. I knew who all the slowcoaches were when I was a member of Downfield Golf Club but these players did not consider themselves to be slow. When I joined Downfield GC in 1966 eigh**** holes of golf took no more than three hours and by the time I left in 2005 it was taking in excess of four hours to play eigh**** holes of golf at the weekend.
    Professional golfers on TV have a lot to answer for!
    Which bet did you decide to take.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    golf is for bores
    Agreed golf is even more boring than constantly being slagged off about a society you haven't been involved in for a long time.

[QUOTE=islaydarkblue;38950593]What are the new rules.
    When I joined Downfield GC in 1966 eigh**** holes of golf took no more than three hours and by the time I left in 2005 it was taking in excess of four hours to play eigh**** holes of golf at the weekend.
    QUOTE]

Seems you're part of the problem if you slowed down that much.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What are the new rules.
    In my opinion the only way to stop slow play is to hit the slow players in both professional and amateur golf competitions by giving them a penalty of two strokes for slow play.
    Everybody knows who the slow golfers are in their local golf club. I knew who all the slowcoaches were when I was a member of Downfield Golf Club but these players did not consider themselves to be slow. When I joined Downfield GC in 1966 eigh**** holes of golf took no more than three hours and by the time I left in 2005 it was taking in excess of four hours to play eigh**** holes of golf at the weekend.
    Professional golfers on TV have a lot to answer for!
    Which bet did you decide to take.
    Both bets were placed.

Bigger bet on the total players under par.

There are a good number of new rules coming out but the one that will help most if players adopt it is not having to play " in turn " ....if your ready....play.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Agreed golf is even more boring than constantly being slagged off about a society you haven't been involved in for a long time.

I didn’t slag you off personally, I had a pop at the society, and will continue to do so in time, I think they felled up big time and certain people could have taken us to the wall

[QUOTE=Deeranged;38950620]
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What are the new rules.
    When I joined Downfield GC in 1966 eigh**** holes of golf took no more than three hours and by the time I left in 2005 it was taking in excess of four hours to play eigh**** holes of golf at the weekend.
    QUOTE]

Seems you're part of the problem if you slowed down that much.
    I can only play as quickly as the slowest chunt in front of me.

Both bets were placed.

There are a good number of new rules coming out but the one that will help most if players adopt it is not having to play " in turn " ....if your ready....play.
    Thanks for your information.
    The par of the Carnoustie Championship course used to be 74 which was highest par score of all the courses on the R & A Championship courses circuit.
    16 under par might a bit more difficult to achieve with the R & A setting the par at 71.
    Last night I watched the highlights on BBC 2 and I was surprised to see a greenkeeper hosing one of the greens with water especially as rain was forecast and the course has pop up sprinkles on every green.
    The rule playing in turn is crazy especially if yet have a player who is not paying attention and then decides to line up their putt. It used to drive me mad when this happened.

Both bets were placed.

You dont have to play in turn just now, only in matchplay and you will still have to play in turn in matchplay next year.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    You dont have to play in turn just now, only in matchplay and you will still have to play in turn in matchplay next year.
    Matchplay golf should be quicker as putts can be conceded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)