+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarets go Cold on Clucas

I'm contacting the club suggesting they have a look at Everton's roster, they have more players than you can shake a ****ty stick at. They must have one or two that could do a job for us, and as they're so top heavy with players they must be amenable to off loading one or two. More amenable than WBA and Swansea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    Would that be the space in the middle of the pitch where Jeff parks his arse most games

Agreed in principle to 12m then upped the price when we asked about Mawson is what I heard. seems they are as bad as WBA to deal with. No Jay rod no Dawson no mawson no Clucas and certainly no Ings, its worrying that other teams don't seem to be having these problems and are making signings there must be something wrong with how we go about it.
    I have said it on another thread and I'll say it again, summat is amiss with our negotiating team.

Wrong Gents, hold out bottle and the pieces will fall into place. Whether its WBA or Swansea, they will need to offload wages eventually. Just negotiation and we are prudent for sure. Nobody golding us to ransom.

Mawson is hot property, now the cat is out of the bag we have no chance of landing him. Just sign Clucas and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think our honesty both on and off the pitch bites us on the bum sometimes.

At the end of the day, surely it must come down to what each individual player wants?
    We offer the following:-

No gambling; no talking to press; not one once of fat; running all game long; no individuality-just team play; lowish wages; must live in or very near Burnley; holiday in Cork; just missed out on Europa appearance; Club must agree to transfer fee whatever we think suitable; opportunity to be part of the England or any other British national team; no ego allowed; must never ask for a transfer away; be prepared for fan critism.

It's not a lot to ask for God's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I have said it on another thread and I'll say it again, summat is amiss with our negotiating team.
    I believe you're not far off the mark Alto. It's an opinion I've heard expressed by people quite close to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I believe you're not far off the mark Alto. It's an opinion I've heard expressed by people quite close to the club.
    You know it's not my thing to criticise the club but having been stood up by Forest, messed about big time with the Baggies you really would think we would have learned by now?

If I negotiated with my clients like Burnley do, the wife would not be able to live the life she has so willingly adapted too! She has more shoes than Imelda Markos! I think Dave Baldwin needs to give me a ring, I really could not do any worse!

We find ourselves starting the season 2 weeks earlier than the rest but a month behind the promoted teams in terms of the squad. Wolves and Fulham will survive so there are 2 established teams going down at least again this year and if we don't pull our finger out we could find ourselves being one of them. we now start the competitive campaign weaker than we finished last season and that is going backwards which ever way you look at it.

Nothing wrong with our negotiating team except we are shopping in the wrong place.If you want to buy players that will improve our squad as SD says not just make up the numbers then you need experienced PL players.They are not going to come for what we are prepared to spend either on the transfer or wages.We would be better changing shops and looking in lower Championship/League One or on the Continent if we are not prepared to pay the going rates.
    It would save a lot of time in the transfer window and disgruntlement and disappointment among the fanbase.Our previous 4 record breaking signings were all players from lower leagues or the continent and we last broke it at 15m for a Championship striker with no PL experience so why are we trying to sign proven PL players for the same or less.It is not rocket science.Sooner or later our luck will run out with our shoestring budget and as history shows either SD will leave or we will be relegated.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 20-07-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Our problem CiB is that SD will only add a player if he is better than the space we are filling.

Clucas fits that billing perfectly to replace Scotty Arfield, so why don't we just pay the asking price and get him on board?

I do not like prevarication.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)