+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wibble Watch View Post
    Yet another whoosh by Raymond
    No need to create a new username to add credence to your views.
    It’s so transparent that they are the same poster.

Thought we looked ok tonight...

For what it’s worth...

Lewis - not much to do
    Logan - decent display defensively and going forward
    Devlin - looked decent enough but maybe still a little rusty
    McKenna - solid as usual
    Shinnie - played fine but drifted infield a bit maybe as he’s not been used to playing left back for a while
    Ball - did ok considering he’s maybe a little behind fitness wise - better option in holding midfield than o’connor Last season as he’s more athletic and gets about better
    Ferguson - decent all round display, could develop into a useful player
    Forrester - looks comfortable on the ball but not sure he’ll influence games and drive the team on as much as McLean did. Think he could be a good signing though
    GMS - once he got going he had a good game
    Wright - had a few good touches and decent bursts of pace but does run into trouble a bit - I’m happy for him to do that if 50% of those runs end up with a chance created, a shot at goal or free kick won - he was up against a guy with 10 England caps tonight
    Cosgrove - I think he’s our best option up front presently - took his goal well. If he gets decent supply he might score a few but jury’s out.

Subs - dean Campbell looked good, kept the ball and sprayed it around nicely.
    May looked poor again.
    Bruce Anderson didn’t have much of the ball
    Nowak didn’t have much to do
    Gleason didn’t do much of note but looked tidy enough

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    You can't say that, Mason and Red John will go into melt down with a bit of positivity about McInnes's quality recruitment.
    Add Basingstoke to that . 3 absolute wallapers

[QUOTE=sheepcrooky;38951422]Well, if I can remember the starting X1

Subs. Nothing much (Dean Campbell looked okay).

Looked OK This loon is a good one who knows how to pass a ball and we will enjoy the benefits off seeing this

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No need to create a new username to add credence to your views.
    It’s so transparent that they are the same poster.
    Well, you’re the expert in that field

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Well, you’re the expert in that field
    You remembered your login Mason.
    Well done.

I bow to your mastery of the multiple logins and art of deception through classic accusation of others before it’s believed of yourself.

I alas have one login and show my true colours and opinions as they stand.

I am not that small to need to be perceived as having like minded Forum “friends”

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I bow to your mastery of the multiple logins and art of deception through classic accusation of others before it’s believed of yourself.

https://youtu.be/bL1Xt3T9ZnY

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Classic Mason.
    The old tried and tested, “can’t slag the Dons off tonight so will come back and go after some individuals”.
    It’s no coincidence how your number of posts decrease as others increase and vice versa.
    It must be hard to keep up with your multiple logins.
    Cue the usual suspects to come and defend you.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Worth every penny of 10 million and some. My reasoning is this, Tierney has a 30 million price tag, McKenna is a rarer breed, centre half's are wanted by every major team more or less.
    The thing that is most striking to me, is that aside from his obvious talent as a defender he actually LOOKS like the kind of centre half that most of the EPL lower teams cry out for. An absolute specimen that is incredibly hard to mark at set pieces. He’s going to have a very good career when he eventually leaves us.

Also....condolences to anyone who owns stock in incontinence pants as no doubt the share price dropped dramatically after our performance tonight. Actual moderate signs of encouragement, signings that look pretty good so far and general positivity. The “I hate Milne, burn McInnes on the cross” crew will have to cease their pant pishing for at least 48hrs.

Our manager sounds frustrated because he is. We work within a limited budget framework against teams spending millions upon millions of pounds and short of blackmailing a player, you can’t force them to sign. Sounds by all accounts that we’ve gotten close with no cigar a few times. Our purpose built training complex will become an important part of the signing jigsaw in years to come.

If we got 40,000 every week I dare say we’d have better players. But as we can’t get a regular 20k I’m personally satisfied with the job being done with the caveat that we need to bag the Scottish Cup. Winning the league is utter fantasy but that’s Scottish fittba. I’ve been a fan for decades and if fate allows I’ll be a fan for a few more. I hope lightning strikes again and we see a repeat of our previous success, but it’s not a realistic possibility in today’s climate. I’d love to be wrong though.

In the meantime, I think we might surprise Burnley. If they’re a little behind on fitness, which is possible, and we pull out a performance with a full house at Pittodrie we can at least make it interesting for the game down the road. McGinn loves an away goal innah.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So how did Devlin look?

Any good?
    My assessment (albeit it’s early days) are that he shows promise.
    He cost us the 1st goal against St Johnstone by diving in on the halfway line, they broke & scored.
    He’ll need a good run to build confidence.
    Was decent last night.
    Bloke needs time & games.
    Hopefully he won’t be the defensive equivalent of Stevie May. Think May is done & the knee has curtailed him & next summer we’ll be cutting our losses there.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast