+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guest and Chrimes update

Quote Originally Posted by Miller67 View Post
    What this job needs is old Trumpy in charge, "Right lads knock it all down, I'm off I'll see yarl tomorrow"

Tomorrow comes and WTF!!!!!!!! I meant DON'T knock it all down!!!!! ��

As I’ve asked many times before, who is footing the bill for G&C?

Structural engineers and demolition guys don’t work for free.

Dead money for no benefit whatsoever

I'd guess there would be insurance for the costs incurred from the fire.

Very probably but like all insurance there’s likely to be an excess, and whatever annual premium it is will certainly be higher on renewal.

In a way the fire only damaging the building was lucky, there could have been injury or deaths involved. There may still be because the site is just as insecure as it’s always been. Plus there’s plenty of evidence that the site is regularly broken into.

Was looking last night, the bit they've knocked down I thought that was the only listed part? As far as I could see all that was left was one archway.

Yes all the full face of the facade on Don Street has gone which was the listed part. Why can’t all the rest now be demolished?
    Last edited by Brin; 26-07-2018 at 07:17 AM.

They seem to have demolished a hell of a lot more than just the part where the fire was.
    Perhaps Ron Hull didn't read the memo properly..........hopefully 😉

Big nasty top to bottom crack on the end section next to car park and closest to the ground
    Can't surely be safe

Hopefully further inspections will verify and the lot can be dragged down

Presumably the demolition guys will have to report on the safety or otherwise of the remaining structure when they have completed their initial work?
    Maybe they'll condemn the lot 👍

English heritage managed to stop them knocking the non listed part down somehow, don't know why maybe because they thought it would damage the listed part? If they'd of not done that there would be a good chance it would of been something useful by now. There shouldn't anything stopping them knocking the non listed part now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast