+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 4-0 day!

Happy 4-0 day!

Yes Millers lads, on this day last year (the last Satdy in July) we very nearly beat you 4-5 at your New Millmoor Stadium, in the last friendly before the new season kicked off. So happy Anniversary for that match eh.
    Just look at what sort of season both of our teams had, I think that match really did set the tone for the season ahead!.

We've got our hopes of course that we'll give it a damn good go this time in Lg One, and I think we'll be very disappointed if we don't actually make the play offs.
    What are your thoughts then on another season in the Champship, we know its a tough and sometimes horrible league to be in, so are you all looking at just survival to begin with ?.

We’re going straight through to the Prem... not even bothering with the play offs.

Be even bigger than what Leicester achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We’re going straight through to the Prem... not even bothering with the play offs. Be even bigger than what Leicester achieved.
    Ohh hello waiter, I'll have a plate of those magic mushies that Mr Brin is smoking right now, and put it on the Millers Mad tab as well, because Im not going to pay for it am I ?.

Your joking of course Brin, but seriously Leicester might even go back down to the Champship again within the next few years, and Jamie Vardy surely won't stay there for much longer will he. Look at the money now in that League your back in, its nothing compared to the Premship and teams are willing to risk almost everything now just to go back up there.

I'd snatch your hand off for 4th bottom, to be honest.
    Anything above that and I will be extremely happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes Millers lads, on this day last year (the last Satdy in July) we very nearly beat you 4-5 at your New Millmoor Stadium, in the last friendly before the new season kicked off. So happy Anniversary for that match eh.
    Just look at what sort of season both of our teams had, I think that match really did set the tone for the season ahead!.

We've got our hopes of course that we'll give it a damn good go this time in Lg One, and I think we'll be very disappointed if we don't actually make the play offs.
    What are your thoughts then on another season in the Champship, we know its a tough and sometimes horrible league to be in, so are you all looking at just survival to begin with ?.
    I went to that last friendly last season when we beat your lot 4-0 Acido, and whilst the scoreline did flatter us a little, Barnsley missed a pen at 0-0, we fully deserved to win the game, which gave me hope for the coming season and we duly obliged.
    The win against Cardiff on Wednesday, and the fact that it seems were played well at Mansfield yesterday and was unlucky to lose, gives me hope we have a decent squad who will hopefully give it a real go at survival this coming season.
    Good luck to you lot in your attempt to emulate us last season in bouncing straight back......UTM

Warne has worked hard at building a ‘team’ not a group on egotistical individuals and I believe that will keep us up. Yes we know it will be hard but some of the ex premier clubs won’t be comfortable playing in a small ground and against players who will get at them.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Warne has worked hard at building a ‘team’ not a group on egotistical individuals and I believe that will keep us up. Yes we know it will be hard but some of the ex premier clubs won’t be comfortable playing in a small ground and against players who will get at them.
    Which would be fine if you played every game at home .

You might catch one or two early doors but the top teams graft just as hard as teams like ours do , that's the bloody problem with the championship these days , they know what's required .

Good luck in anycase mate , it's a fine achievement just to be part of it given our resources .

We looked a division above them then, and so it turned out in the end. Here's to it staying that way for many a year.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    We looked a division above them then, and so it turned out in the end. Here's to it staying that way for many a year.

UTM
    History tells you differently just to add balance .

History tells you that youve spent more seasons in tier 4 than us. Just to add counter balance 🙄

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast