+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Notts player who never "made it"

I actually thought Myles Weston from a few seasons ago was going to was going to play in and around the top flight as he was only 19 and looked very decent, but only managed Leagues 1 and 2.

I am severely hoping Husins not going to be one of those for us, I think he's a great player but wonder if Notts has been the right move for him even though the hierarchy seem to rate him.

This is a good point re Husin. Fingers crossed – we've got several in the current crop who with a couple of games I could see myself becoming attached to the careers of: hope they get somewhere, but law of averages/law of Notts mean I guess at least a few of them will be non-league within the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    He was excellent for Ireland too, buckets of energy and no lack of skill on the ball, very decent player indeed
    One of Ireland's best players this century.

What about the brilliant prodigy Sean Canham?

David Norton - what a player who disappeared to become a motor mechanic shortly after a move from Villa and a leg break injury I think.

So disappointing that we ran out of patience with Tony Hackworth. He moved on to Scarborough Athletic where he has been a mainstay in their climb up the Evo-Stik league.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Guess your not used to Robs humor
    And I guess your not used to the difference between your and your, but then it's only your native language.

Lloyd Richards. Looked a class act but faded into obscurity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloyd_Richards_(footballer)

I always thought Chris Palmer looked decent. To be fair he played on at various levels for 8 years after us, but surprisingly he still played more games for us (54) than any of his other clubs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Palmer_(footballer)

One more from me is Saul Deeney - at one point looked likely to be our keeper “until we could hang on to him no more”. Never worked out.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast