+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Notts player who never "made it"

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I actually thought Myles Weston from a few seasons ago was going to was going to play in and around the top flight as he was only 19 and looked very decent, but only managed Leagues 1 and 2.

I am severely hoping Husins not going to be one of those for us, I think he's a great player but wonder if Notts has been the right move for him even though the hierarchy seem to rate him.
    Nolan doesnt like playing the younger players, unless he has no option.. He doesnt seem to be on the same hymn sheet as Hardy...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Nolan doesnt like playing the younger players, unless he has no option.. He doesnt seem to be on the same hymn sheet as Hardy...
    So, which of the younger players should Nolan have selected since he took charge? Who exactly have we missed out on?

Sam Osbourn for one.He had a very good debut under Smith and was not seen again until the Derby game.

Alex Howes is another. He played in the game against Newport 2017 and not seen again until the Derby game..

Billy Daniels. One belter of a goal and then just seemed to disappear.

Until earlier today, that is, when I found out that he’s signed for my local club, Kidderminster Harriers. I look forward to seeing him in action next season.

Lloyd George Richards: a pacey, two-footed, attacking midfielder.

From that era I also liked Richard Young - but gawd we were skint then and I mean really skint...

Eddie Snook

Tommy Gallagher - looked a decent full-back and then I'm not sure what happened. Think he still lives in the area.

Many managers go on about giving the younger players a chance, but when it comes to the crunch they bottle out. Nolan is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Alex Howes is another. He played in the game against Newport 2017 and not seen again until the Derby game..
    Both Sam Osborne and Alex Howes were nowhere near ready for the first team last season. Even at the moment, the best they can hope for is a place on the bench. I hope both of them can make the big step up to first team level, but to suggest they were players we missed out on last season sums up your knowledge of the game. I'm pretty sure that if Nolan had played them, you would be first in the queue to slate him for playing unproven youngsters.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast