+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Notts player who never "made it"

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You send them to get exposure of training with first team squads, being involved in match days, learning from different coaches, for some players to give them a nudge about the harsh reality of footballs lower leagues, getting players away from the comfortable surroundings of reserve/youth team football.... it’s the experience they gain on and off the pitch.
    If clubs are he’ll bent on there players going ‘just to play’ why have Brighton let Hall come back? Made 12 appearances out of a possible 20 odd games. Virtue was not recalled once KN popped him on the bench. It’s alll part of the learning curve.
    I'm sure they could do all that at their own club re the first part of your paragraph.
    Twelve games out of a possible twenty is not a bad return for a player out on loan getting experience.
    Probably twelve more than he would have got at Brighton

I liked Rob Mathews , I don't know what happened to him after his spell with us , did he retire through injury ?
    I had a soft spot for Bob Catlin and really hoped he would make it in the English game , I think he returned back home to Australia though and was given little chance to prove himself in the first team if my memory serves me right.

Declan Edge

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Declan Edge
    wasn't he a new Zealand international ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    wasn't he a new Zealand international ?
    He was indeed. Nippy and tricky winger but had a bust up with the powers that be at Notts as he realised he'd moved thousands of miles to be in a hoofball team. If I remember rightly he threatened to leave and Notts got a 12 month transfer ban slapped on him or something?

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articl...ing-all-blacks
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He was indeed. Nippy and tricky winger but had a bust up with the powers that be at Notts as he realised he'd moved thousands of miles to be in a hoofball team. If I remember rightly he threatened to leave and Notts got a 12 month transfer ban slapped on him or something?

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/articl...ing-all-blacks
    great article ,
    cant remember seeing him in a notts shirt though

Blimey I remember Declan Edge as a decent player, don't know if I would like him as a neighbour as he seems a bit militant.
    His attitude has probably held him back in some ways. Men at the top, in general, prefer an easy life and I can't see them wanting the confrontational attitude of Edge.

I agree with Bohinen. Lloyd Richards had so much talent but apparently couldn't get out of bed to make training! What a waste. Eddie Snook passed away a few years back. I will throw Paul Manns, Chris Dykes (England youth international) and Tony Daws all 1980's into the mix. Declan Edge was a lightweight as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No I didn't go to either game, but you are living proof that attendance at games doesn't always mean that your opinion is more likely to make sense than those who didn't attend. For someone who claims to go to every game, your knowledge of League 2 football is staggeringly inept. There are posters living overseas that never see a game that post far more sense than you do. Your hatred of Nolan is such that if we happen to win the title by 10 points, you will be on here posting that a decent manager would have won it by 20 points.
    Where have I said that i hate Nolan. i dont even know the man. I just dont rate him as a manager and that is my prerogative.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Where have I said that i hate Nolan. i dont even know the man. I just dont rate him as a manager and that is my prerogative.
    Have we ever had a manager that you do like?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast